Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: OEM MULTIMEDIA DVD changer installation

My Cars
    X5, 735i

OEM MULTIMEDIA DVD changer installation

Hi team, I have recently acquired a BMW multimedia DVD changer unit that was listed as being compatible for my 2005 X5(e53) which has a mark IV DVD navigation unit and an installed TV tuner. My problem is finding the installation instructions to ascertain if I need an adaptor cable to fit the thing?? The installation instructions are listed as part number 01 29 0 309 032.
    Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Bill

2005 X5 3.0D
    2007 A6 3.0TDI

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

I may be wrong on this, but there wasn't an option to play movie DVD's in the E39/E53/E46 audio/multimedia systems. The only exception I can think of is the optional roof mounted flip down screen which had a slot for DVD's to be inserted. The other aspect you'll also need to look into is that I think if you get the Intravee2 setup, there's an option for adding the DVD changer via that so it can be controlled via the oem buttons.

If I am totally wrong, apologies! The Intravee forum is on the bmw5.co.uk site but it's offline currently as the owner of the site passed away and the admin team are trying to salvage it currently and as i'm sure you can appreciate, these things take time. The owner of the Intravee also passed away some years back and a good friend of his who I know very well took over the 'online' support for it via the forum. I'm sure there's other forums with the same Intravee knowledge that's been discussed etc so do have searches around.

If you can't get anywhere with the above, you could send your modules into to Carphonics UK (I know the owner there very well too!) and you can modify the TV tuner so that it can playback DVD movies via an external player.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    X5, 735i
    The unit that I have is a genuine BMW Multimedia DVD changer, part number 65 12 0 410 167 and the connections on it are some RCA plugs, a round din socket and a din plug. As I said there is a fitting manual listed as 01 29 0 309 032. It somehow plugs into the TV video module and is powered by a 4 Pin plug.
    What I need are the fitting instructions so that I can find out if I need some sort of adaptor cable?
    Cheers in advance.