Thread: Quality hydro handbrake

My Cars
    97 bmw 320, 94 bmwm3

Quality hydro handbrake

Anybody got a recommandations for a quality handbrake with "parking function" found on the cheap ebay ones?
    Must have wilwood cylinder.

My Cars
    98 323
    the only ones i've ever seen are ebay junk

if you want something that'll pretty much work the same, i suggest buying your handbrake of choice + this

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...FRdMDQodJEQBog

or something similar. it's what i used on my e30 when i had a standalone handle. simply apply pressure to your brake pedal, close the valve, and boom - your car won't move. i never had any issues with it leaking pressure in the 1-2 years i had it installed on my e30. just make sure all your lines & fittings are in order because as soon as the lines leak and the car is parked on a hill and not in gear for some reason, you're about to have a really bad day
    Popular engine swap weights & stock engine weights
    M42 + trans - 427lbs
    302 + t5 trans - 475lbs
    m20b27 + g260 - 497lbs
    m52b25 vanos + g250 - 544lbs

351w + t5 trans - 572.5lbs
    LS,
    aluminum block + t56 - 609lbs
    LS, iron block + t56 - 719lbs, EST.
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...60-m42-1jz-2jz

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    I use this one, it was highly recommended by the Rally shop that installed my roll cage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APS-470mm-...-/301699309139

It's not a wilwood master though

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i

SLR is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '08 E46, E36,
    If you can wait until early 2017, we just ordered the metal for this: handbrake render.png

Working on releasing as many new products as possible in the next 12months

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    That's a bad piece of equipment right there! I guess it will be out of my price range (deservedly), but it looks sweet.

My Cars
    97 bmw 320, 94 bmwm3
    That looks nice. Where is the price going to land on that one?

- - - Updated - - -

And what else is coming up?

My Cars
    LS6 E36 drifter, 18 f350
    I never really understood why you would remove the factory park brake. Is there a purpose in that?

SLR is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '08 E46, E36,
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I never really understood why you would remove the factory park brake. Is there a purpose in that?
    Weight!! Haha, actually when I full M3 rear swap in my 328 I didn't have the M3 calipers and my 328 rotors wouldn't fit so I ripped it all out, including cutting off the shoe-seat where the cable comes through the TA. Basically I can't ever reinstall a drum parking brake lol, and yea it was annoying the next time I went to park the car. Oh well, making Colin Chapman happy haha

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i

My Cars
    98 328is
    k-sport makes a hydro with a locking mechanism sort of thing. There are also cheap $30 shipped knockoffs on alibaba or aliexpress. if you get smart, you can actually buy one of those, of aliexpress then replace the master with a wilwood master and you have a really good piece for around $100. i havent done anything with mine yet, but a buddy has the aliexpress knock off k-sport on his 2jz s13 and he rips. no complaints from him.

My Cars
    95 M3
    I find that the stock one works really well with an extension added onto it. It locks up better than 3 of my friends hydros do and is certainly cheaper. I also really like being able to still use the footbrake while handbraking. There are situations where you want to get closer to an inner clipping point and can only maintain angle while doing so while braking and handbraking at the same time. The only way I would go hydro is If I went dual caliper rear. Yet my brother has an ASD with dual caliper rears and it still doesn't lock up as well as mine. I'm sure if he swapped the calipers of pads out he could help this but it sure is a lot of work and money when you can just add a whammy bar to your stock ebrake and just adjust it occasionally.

My Cars
    97 bmw 320, 94 bmwm3
    If the hydro does not lock up better then the stock rubbish, there is something seriously wrong.
    Not saying the stock cant be made to work ok, but I hate the whole system.
    I just installed the massive brakes adapter, and wilwood calipers.
    But on my previous car I had a inline hydro that worked qoneders, no problem brakeing and handbrakeing and the same time.

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Quote Originally Posted by DunDunSkeert View Post
    I find that the stock one works really well with an extension added onto it. It locks up better than 3 of my friends hydros do and is certainly cheaper. I also really like being able to still use the footbrake while handbraking. There are situations where you want to get closer to an inner clipping point and can only maintain angle while doing so while braking and handbraking at the same time. The only way I would go hydro is If I went dual caliper rear. Yet my brother has an ASD with dual caliper rears and it still doesn't lock up as well as mine. I'm sure if he swapped the calipers of pads out he could help this but it sure is a lot of work and money when you can just add a whammy bar to your stock ebrake and just adjust it occasionally.
    Until you wear out those shoes then the ebrake doesn't work at all. If his ASD w/ dual caliper rears isn't locking then he either has shitty pads or wrong size master/bad bleed.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by s50b30 View Post
    If the hydro does not lock up better then the stock rubbish, there is something seriously wrong.
    Not saying the stock cant be made to work ok, but I hate the whole system.
    I just installed the massive brakes adapter, and wilwood calipers.
    But on my previous car I had a inline hydro that worked qoneders, no problem brakeing and handbrakeing and the same time.
    How do you like the massive kit? were you able to retain abs or the stock parking brake?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
    Until you wear out those shoes then the ebrake doesn't work at all. If his ASD w/ dual caliper rears isn't locking then he either has shitty pads or wrong size master/bad bleed.
    Have you worn out the stock shoes before? How long did it take you? I've been going on my stock shoes for 2 seasons and havn't had any issues. Typically drum brakes (what e36s use for a ebrake) last a very long time. I have a van with 185k on it with the factory shoes still on the rear.

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Quote Originally Posted by DunDunSkeert View Post
    d - - -
    Have you worn out the stock shoes before? How long did it take you? I've been going on my stock shoes for 2 seasons and havn't had any issues. Typically drum brakes (what e36s use for a ebrake) last a very long time. I have a van with 185k on it with the factory shoes still on the rear.
    Yes, lasted about a season for me. My friend with a E36 also wore his out.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
    Yes, lasted about a season for me. My friend with a E36 also wore his out.
    Good to know. I'll pull my rotor off and check mine out.

My Cars
    97 bmw 320, 94 bmwm3
    Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    If you can wait until early 2017, we just ordered the metal for this: handbrake render.png

Working on releasing as many new products as possible in the next 12months

Any Update on this?