Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Steed Speed E36 Twinscroll Manifold - Installation Thread

My Cars
    86 325es
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    You still have to move the mount to fit a reasonable sized mount for an EFR turbo. My mount is now maybe 1/4 inch from the framerail, relocated on the subframe. The pivoting head on your arm would not necessarily sit flush on top of the relocated mount -- it is only one axis and you need two axis to have the sort of relocation flexibility you need. Of course, once you know where the mount will be, you can make a fixed arm.

Again, this may be necessary only with EFR turbos.
    I think you misunderstand my meaning, the plate on the bottom of the bracket would bolt directly to the subframe so you would eliminate the stock style engine mount completely. There would just be a simple urethane bushing where the bracket and the arm attach. If you did something like this you can put the mount wherever in space your heart desires. and make whatever shape arm is needed.
    Last edited by someguy2800; 11-22-2016 at 01:35 PM.

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    e30
    Phil, can you re post up or link to the pics of your install?
    -Nick
    91 E30 M42 on VEMS

Turbo Camshaft Thread

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Don't have any pics and am leaving town in 2 hours for the week. I'll try to get some next week. With the EFR IWG, it is definitely very crowded in that area, so crowded that pictures with everything in place may not show enough.

It was a lot of work -- redoing the wastegate pipe, the downpipe, the intake pipe, modifying the subframe to fit the EFR internal BOV, modifying the RR high mount arm, modifying the motor mount, modifying the AC lines, and modifying the SAP tray next to the AC lines. If I had not already done this twice this year, it would not have been so bad, but at the beginning of the year, I fitted an EFR 8374 to an original Steedspeed and that required changing much from my old Boostlogic and GTX4088R, and later in the year, I fitted an EFR EWG 8374 to the new Steedspeed and that required more changes. And then the EFR IWG 9180 required all the changes I noted in the first sentence.

My Cars
    e30
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    Don't have any pics and am leaving town in 2 hours for the week. I'll try to get some next week. With the EFR IWG, it is definitely very crowded in that area, so crowded that pictures with everything in place may not show enough.

It was a lot of work -- redoing the wastegate pipe, the downpipe, the intake pipe, modifying the subframe to fit the EFR internal BOV, modifying the RR high mount arm, modifying the motor mount, modifying the AC lines, and modifying the SAP tray next to the AC lines. If I had not already done this twice this year, it would not have been so bad, but at the beginning of the year, I fitted an EFR 8374 to an original Steedspeed and that required changing much from my old Boostlogic and GTX4088R, and later in the year, I fitted an EFR EWG 8374 to the new Steedspeed and that required more changes. And then the EFR IWG 9180 required all the changes I noted in the first sentence.
    Sounds like you have been having fun and keeping busy No hurry on the pics at all. I dont have an EFR or a 6cyl haha. I just thought I saw some from you previously. Ill look in the old Steed thread for them unless my mind has gone crazy again ��
    -Nick
    91 E30 M42 on VEMS

Turbo Camshaft Thread

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    I think Phil may have built the baddest pump gas E36 money/time/blood/sweat/curse words/tears/money/more curse words/and more money can buy.

Can't wait to drive it. I'll wait for my "once a year I get to drive Phil's car" till next year with warmer weather tho.

*I know we have a new year coming soon, buy Phil's rules are once every 12 months.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    TURBO 99 M3, F82 M4
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    I think Phil may have built the baddest pump gas E36 money/time/blood/sweat/curse words/tears/money/more curse words/and more money can buy.

Can't wait to drive it. I'll wait for my "once a year I get to drive Phil's car" till next year with warmer weather tho.

*I know we have a new year coming soon, buy Phil's rules are once every 12 months.

i want my car to be on Phil's level....I've heard great things about it.
    Mod list - M50 manifold; TechniqueTuning Stg2, Apex Arc-8, ZKW euro, clear corners Mike R diffbrace, Koni Yell with HR race
    X-brace UCC tranny mounts -BLK/with enforcers, powerflex rtabs,lcabs, AAfanclutch, mishimoto rad, UCC Ultra-cerametallic Clutch.
    You will go through days of joy and days of sadness as the pursuit for power leads to madness...

My Cars
    e30
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post

Damn rolling 12 month periods instead of calendar year periods! Gets you every time.
    -Nick
    91 E30 M42 on VEMS

Turbo Camshaft Thread

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Phil's car is an illustrious beast, rarely caught on film.
    Last edited by chikinhed; 11-22-2016 at 11:20 PM.
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    86 325es
    Quote Originally Posted by chikinhed View Post
    an illustrious beast, rarely caught on film.
    Thats what she said.

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    2001 330i
    The irony: A group-buy thread with buyer requests for near daily updates for 9 months. Now everyone has their manifolds, and nobody has them installed. Progress < Patience.

My Cars
    e30
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
    The irony: A group-buy thread with buyer requests for near daily updates for 9 months. Now everyone has their manifolds, and nobody has them installed. Progress < Patience.
    Yup. Thats how I feel about the MSPNP thread.

I NEED the unit now...to keep my shelf warm!
    -Nick
    91 E30 M42 on VEMS

Turbo Camshaft Thread

My Cars
    m1
    Thanks to CES and Steed Speed for making these works of art a reality!

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Can we get consolidated info on the install and results here please.

Info is getting lost and hidden in other random threads and inquiring minds need to know.
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Can we get consolidated info on the install and results here please.

Info is getting lost and hidden in other random threads and inquiring minds need to know.
    First thread posted about the production manifold installation:

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...and-the-69-sxe

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
    First thread posted about the production manifold installation: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...and-the-69-sxe
    I see that, I was just hoping people would post specific info regarding the manifold here.

My Cars
    e30
    Pretty amazing given all the people who needed to have it right away
    -Nick
    91 E30 M42 on VEMS

Turbo Camshaft Thread

My Cars
    TURBO 99 M3, F82 M4
    Hoping to have mine on and installed by the first week of the new year., keeping my fingers crossed.
    Mod list - M50 manifold; TechniqueTuning Stg2, Apex Arc-8, ZKW euro, clear corners Mike R diffbrace, Koni Yell with HR race
    X-brace UCC tranny mounts -BLK/with enforcers, powerflex rtabs,lcabs, AAfanclutch, mishimoto rad, UCC Ultra-cerametallic Clutch.
    You will go through days of joy and days of sadness as the pursuit for power leads to madness...

My Cars
    none
    Looks like I will have to make motor mounts for a few cars as I already made the jig. Got my V2 Steed sitting here for my personal car too. Running a custom Batmo 64. As far as the creep issues I will put the gate right on the turbine housing and call it a day. Will probably fashion up some sort of plugs for the top port.

Last edited by Colby Colbs; 12-04-2016 at 03:21 PM.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    Looks like I will have to make motor mounts for a few cars as I already made the jig. Got my V2 Steed sitting here for my personal car too. Running a custom Batmo 64. As far as the creep issues I will put the gate right on the turbine housing and call it a day. Will probably fashion up some sort of plugs for the top port.
    Lurker

My Cars
    95 M3, 15 Golf TDI wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    What kind of flange is that on the turbo inlet?

Thanks

-WTB: OEM Class 2 LTW GT wing with risers- Mazak

My Cars
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by 3literheater View Post
    What kind of flange is that on the turbo inlet?

Thanks
    Compressor cover has a wiggins style ferrule that I machined and welded. The turbine housing has a T4 divided inlet. PTE6870

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

My Cars
    none
    Lurker
    Just came on here for the first time in a really long time. Read up on some of the Steeds threads and found out a bunch of details I was shocked to hear but we'll nip those in the butt! Also checked out Adams updates.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

My Cars
    CES Stage 3 Turbo M3
    Paging CES or EMC Eric.....

How is the engine mount arm / poly mount combo coming for the new Steedspeed TS manifold?

Any updates would be appreciated.
    We have been in touch with Eric about this just recently. We sent him a new manifold and pics of the modified mount we have on our shop car so that he could start on the arms for us. Eric has a jig which he can measure everything out perfectly, but he has been swamped, so unfortunately we don't have an update on any progress just yet.

This is what our modified prototype motor arm looks like in comparison to the original mount. The turbo pictured in the first attached pic is the 9180 EFR turbo. Plenty of clearance. Enough room to actually clear a 5" intake. The side by side comparison pic shows what was done to the new turbo mount. The arm has been extended and given a slightly higher arch, and the poly bushing size used is now much smaller, which should not be affected as much by the heat issue that was melting the larger bushing, yet still offer some cushion and dampening. The angle/shape of the motor mount plate that bolts to the chassis still needs some modification for a perfect fit with the proper shape/thickness bushing, but that is where Eric can come in with his jig setup to make this work perfectly, and possibly add in any other cool design elements that he is so fantastic at.

cesnewmountinstalled.jpg CESnewsteedts mount1.jpg

We have tested this mount with the 8374 EFR turbo, 9180 EFR turbo, Garrett GT35R turbo and Precision 67R size turbo. This arm will also allow clearance for an over the subframe 2.5" pipe for those that were interested in routing piping this way instead.

Hoping we can get something in the works quickly for everyone!

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    On my 0.92 IWG 9180, a 4 inch intake will hit the control arm nut you see on top of the subframe. I had to go down to a 3.5. Bigger would require contouring of the pipe. Maybe the CES 1.45 EWG sits a little differently. Essentially getting rid of the motor mount certainly increases clearance to the efr inlet, but does not address the ball joint nut issue and not everyone may enjoy the reduced damping.

There is another way, relocating the mount further up the arm to the frame rail. Both the stud in the bottom of the mount and the locator and the hole for the locator must be changed a bit, and a small lip ground off the rail side of the mount to accommodate a protrusion on the subframe. With these changes you could fit more mount. This is what I did to get the car up and running and it seems to be working.

My Cars
    330ciT/x5/328i/325i/s13c
    IMG_2463.jpg

I'm confident this will work out, it's still more slanted than it's made to be, not to say I wont stand it up a bit beyond that....
    It can go down a bit and back a bit and final fit, I think will be better on most fronts as a result
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast