I recently purchased a 2011 535i and have been experimenting with assigning seat/mirror settings to the 2 individual keyfobs. I have been successful in getting it to work, in the following manner, but still have questions. Here's what I have done:

1. Turned on "remember last seating position".
  2. Named "Profile 1" with my name.
  3. Configured seating and mirrors to my liking.
  4. Press lock and then unlock on my keyfob.
  5. Switched to "Profile 2" and gave it my wife's name.
  6. Configured seat and mirrors to her liking.
  7. Press lock and then unlock on my wife's keyfob.

Now, if I unlock with my keyfob my seat/mirror settings are invoked, and if I unlock with my wife's keyfob her settings are invoked. Seems ok, however there is one problem. If someone else drives the car (mechanic, my son, etc) using my keyfob, adjusts the seat/mirrors, and locks and then unlocks the car, the keyfob now remembers that person's settings. Or here's another scenario: If I am driving the car using my keyfob and my wife as a passenger, but then she drops me off somewhere and doesn't have her keyfob, if she continues on using my keyfob and has to lock and unlock the car, then my settings are lost in my profile and are replaced by her new settings.

This seems VERY fragile and unforgiving. I am wondering if there is something that I am missing. I tried turning off the "remember last seating position" after performing steps 1 thru 7, but that didn't seem to solve the problem. It still seems to assign the most recent seat and mirror settings to the current profile when the vehicle is locked and then unlocked. Surely there is a way to keep the current keyfob's (or the keyfob's profile's) seat and mirror positions from being reset when the vehicle is locked/unlocked?

Any insights would be very much appreciated.