Thread: Passenger Windshield wiper wont sit flush to glass

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325i Wagon

Passenger Windshield wiper wont sit flush to glass

My passenger windshield wiper wouldn't stay flush so I replaced all the blades on car since they were worn anyways and hoped it would solve the issue. I thought it was maybe the blade being worn and just out of shape. However it didn't and still looks the same afterwards. I tried bending the arm itself also but to no avail. Could this be the cause of worn springs in the arms themselves? I am afraid that at high speeds that air drag will cause them to fly off as I can see it chattering.

My Cars
    2008 328xi
    Post a picture of what your talking about and tell us what type of BMW you have

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1998 M3 Vert, 1992 318i
    A blade that is too long will hang off the passenger side by a bit. Also there are two different curvatures of blade available, for regular and highly curved windows. Putting a high curve on a car that doesn't need it will cause the blade to not touch in the center of the window. (Did that by mistake on my 318 with a Bosch beam blade)
    Caprica Junkie

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325i Wagon
    My bad should have given more information and provided pictures as well. 2002 e46 wagon. The passenger side blade does not sit flush on the outer edge of the window and when used leaves an area on the edge untouched by the wiper. And no it is not the size of the blade I've owned the car almost a year now and the blades when bought were 100% flush and it was around a month ago when I realized this was no longer the case after washing my car one day. (I wash by hand, an automated wash was not the source of the issue). I also made sure to order the correct size and curvature which are identical to the old blades. The wiper will sit flush against the window somewhat if I push it but then the clip holding to the arm is not in place. I attached pictures below. Thanks to anybody who can help.
    wiper1.jpgwiper.jpgwagon.jpg

My Cars
    2000 528, 2015 X5
    It looks like the wiper rubber is not seated on the stainless retainers correctly. The stainless retainers look like they are hooked to the wiper arm at both ends. Make sure they are not 180 out from original. You may be able to crimp the wiper retainers into the rubber carefully using a pair of pliers and get it to lay correctly.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Vert, 1992 318i
    Haha yikes! That's not what I expected to see at all!

I agree with CaptainStark ok what to check, and I'll add to make sure that one of the clips on the arm isn't between the rubber and steel on the insert. If it slipped in between them it could cause the insert to bind and not float down like it should because the clips on the arm would be a but twisted.
    Caprica Junkie

My Cars
    Bmw e46

Wiper issue - similar to yours

Quote Originally Posted by 843e46 View Post
    My bad should have given more information and provided pictures as well. 2002 e46 wagon. The passenger side blade does not sit flush on the outer edge of the window and when used leaves an area on the edge untouched by the wiper. And no it is not the size of the blade I've owned the car almost a year now and the blades when bought were 100% flush and it was around a month ago when I realized this was no longer the case after washing my car one day. (I wash by hand, an automated wash was not the source of the issue). I also made sure to order the correct size and curvature which are identical to the old blades. The wiper will sit flush against the window somewhat if I push it but then the clip holding to the arm is not in place. I attached pictures below. Thanks to anybody who can help.
    wiper1.jpgwiper.jpgwagon.jpg
    How did you fix your wiper issue because I’m having a very similar issue.