BMW of Bloomfield
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! Yellow E36 M3 Sedan on eBay.

My Cars
    junk

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR! Yellow E36 M3 Sedan on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M3-/1121...m=112144548267

Just a friendly heads up!

I know one of the previous owners and the car was in a horrific accident. The fact he walked away was a miracle as was the fact the car wasn't totaled. He bought a front strut bar from me when he got the car back from the shop a couple months later and had to drill new holes to mount it. Frame was shot, you can even see the drivers window won't go up in the channel. The entire car was repainted.
    Run away...
    Last edited by e36mike; 11-06-2016 at 10:18 AM.

My Cars
    88 M3's, 90 325i, 95 M3
    Someone bought it to the tune of nearly 9k

My Cars
    junk
    Quote Originally Posted by M-technik-3 View Post
    Someone bought it to the tune of nearly 9k
    I can only HOPE they knew about it or at least checked it out.. Its a basically a parts car, THATS how bad it was damaged. It was almost 18k in repairs. The accident happened when the car was not that old so at the time it JUST made it valuable enough to fix according to the insurance company.

My Cars
    1998 bmw 328i
    lmao nothing like a free giveawaY! and hes going to mod it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U56gmiX7Z8

My Cars
    E36s
    It was actually relisted here after the initial ad http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-BMW-M3-...p2047675.l2557

My Cars
    2005 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWe36AS View Post
    lmao nothing like a free giveawaY! and hes going to mod it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U56gmiX7Z8
    This is terrifying. I feel bad for whoever ends up with this.

My Cars
    95 Maro
    Quote Originally Posted by e36mike View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M3-/1121...m=112144548267

Just a friendly heads up!

I know one of the previous owners and the car was in a horrific accident. The fact he walked away was a miracle as was the fact the car wasn't totaled. He bought a front strut bar from me when he got the car back from the shop a couple months later and had to drill new holes to mount it. Frame is shot, you can even see the drivers window won't go up in the channel. The entire car was repainted.
    Run away...
    Do you have any pictures of the car after the accident? / more details on the wreck

My Cars
    1997 E36 328is
    I dont understand.. If the accident was as bad as you say it was, how come you can run a carfax on the vehicle and it come up with 0 accidents. If insurance fixed it, it would definitely show up on the report.

My Cars
    1996 BMW M3 Coupe
    Yeah I wouldn't even enter the giveaway. That car is going to cost a lot more than free if you happen to win.

My Cars
    junk
    What are the odds.. I'm actually a fan of Robs and a long time subscriber. My jaw dropped when I saw this. I messaged him but who knows how many messages he gets and if he'll even see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
    Do you have any pictures of the car after the accident? / more details on the wreck
    As for the accident, I don't have any photos. It happened sometime in 2003. Back before iPhones and social media were huge.This would have been posted and I could archive it. He was pulling out on to a 2 way street taking a left through the road. Someone stopped to let him go, a car coming the other direction also slowed to let him go in front of them. Someone behind that guy didn't see why they were slowing down, went around that car and SMASHED into the M3. I want to say the damage was on the Pass side + front. Don't recall if airbags went off, I want to say they didn't??

Quote Originally Posted by Rekpoint View Post
    It was actually relisted here after the initial ad http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-BMW-M3-...p2047675.l2557
    At least it sold stupid cheap..

The owner I knew sold the car years ago. Maybe it was sorted out in the last however many years.
    Last edited by e36mike; 10-27-2016 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Edited the year of the accident.

jmargo is offline Guess who's back ? Moderator
    My Cars
    CTS-V , Blown 332i
    Best bet to clear up any confusion is to ask your buddy to look for the V.I.N and match it up.
    Sias Tuned, Vortech Blown, 3.2L S52...456WHP/360WTQ

Sias Tuning | HowertonEngineering | Davis Motorsports Club

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Otherwise it will make for a nice spare parts bin.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    junk
    For those wondering if it is the same car that I remember. (because it was OVER 10 Years ago!! How are you sure!) I will say this. A Dakar Yellow M3/4/5 is super rare. One on Cape Cod with 19 inch MVR wheels, aftermarket spoiler, and a trailer hitch (all of which were on the car when I saw it last) is even more rare. So as much as we hope for a My Cousin Vinnie moment to play out, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I will say again though, I have not seen the car in years and MAYBE it was eventually fixed right and its all set now. I can only speak about what I know of the car and when he got the car back from the shop, a lot of the front end still didn't line up right.

This will be my last post about that car as I just wanted to give a potential buyer a heads up when it was for sale with very little info on its history. Now that its been sold, it's not my place to keep talking about it. Rob knows about this and I'm sure he'll handle it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by E36projekt View Post
    I dont understand.. If the accident was as bad as you say it was, how come you can run a carfax on the vehicle and it come up with 0 accidents. If insurance fixed it, it would definitely show up on the report.
    Thank fully it does show on the carfax. It didn't show on the auto check on the eBay listing, and it has a clean title. Because of those 2 things is why I made the thread. If someone didn't run the car fax they would have no idea that the car was hit, and that there was any prior structural damage. I was only trying to educate anyone looking at this car about its history and my recommendation was to just pass as theres plenty of other cars to buy. I know if I bought the car fixed or not and found out later, I would be pretty pissed.

Its just ironic that someone with a big youtube channel bought it.

Hopefully this can have a happy ending. Would be great to hear that the front end isn't that bad, or has been fixed. He plans on painting it anyway, fixing a lot of the small things and making the car all around better than stock. On the flip side, someone will end up with the car for FREE.
    Last edited by e36mike; 10-27-2016 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Added info.

My Cars
    95 325is Blue.
    The thing is he really isnt 'GIVING THIS CAR AWAY" to enter once its free yea, but than you have to buy his online fan merchandise and you can enter an additional 4 times. Hes a rich man wanting to get richer and thinks like one.
    1-He bought the cheapest M3 he could find, despite its accident records
    2-He claims hes giving it away as a fans to thank them for 500k yet part of the promotion involves fans buying online items to re-enter in the contest

You can really tell Rob doesnt look at youtube as just a fun hobby but as another business venture not the first time he pretty much asked for money, he promoted his wrapped pizza lambo which promoted a pizza company and he had some weird become a personael gym trainer shit a few months ago.

Moneys money and thats all this fan "giveaway" is.
    Last edited by E36YC; 10-27-2016 at 09:28 PM.

My Cars
    junk
    I see Rob added a new video on the car. Reading through the comment section, a lot of people again questioning if it is indeed the right car and if it was ever hit. Here is the vin (off the eBay ad) WBSCD9327WEE08795. Feel free to run a CarFax yourself. It 100% confirms my end of the story. (structural damage reported)

I'm sure people will then question just how bad it was since again it wasn't totaled. I can only speak from what I remember of the accident and the car.

Please also remember I posted this a MONTH before Rob bought the car. I had nothing to gain from making this thread. It was just a friendly heads up as I felt bad knowing something and not speaking up. My fear all along was someone might end up spending every dollar they had saved up to buy it when it was on eBay. Only find out about the accident and any potential issues it may still have after they bought it. Thats a shitty feeling for anyone.

This is all a moot point now as he's GIVING it away. So who cares!
    Last edited by e36mike; 11-04-2016 at 07:54 PM.

My Cars
    a lexus
    Can anyone post a carfax screenshot if they checked it?

My Cars
    2004 BMW M3
    That accident was 13 years ago. I would love to see pictures of it too, as well as a CarFax report if anyone has one?

Autocheck has the vehicle at the end of 1999 reported at 27k Miles. Your ebay link shows the vehicle at 80k Miles. If this mileage is actual.. and the owner put an average of 15k miles on a year, figure with this logic the car crashed at around 70k Miles. Giving the car a run of an additional 10k miles or so after it was repaired. Obviously everything in this forum is speculation - but just my 2 cents. AutoCheck also has a clean title on this, minus a Lein. Any major accident would have been reported to both AutoCheck and CarFax. CarFax from what i've seen usually picks up minor repairs.

In the pictures the windows out of alignment on the drivers side- some people in the comments in the video are blaming this to the "massive frame damage" but the door seems to be aligned just fine. My best guess is the track is off. Especially if E36Mike said the car was hit on the passenger side.

In conclusion: I'd say 3 things.

1. If the car's running well, lets see a video of it driving. Put it to rest.
    2. Throw the vehicle up on a lift and show the undercarriage.
    3. Show carfax/autocheck and title for obvious reasons blank important things out in the title.

My Cars
    2007 335i ,2003 330ci
    Maybe Dashub [ the company Rob is promoting] is lying to him about the CARFAX. In the new video he just put up, the repair he found is consistent with the accident story!

My Cars
    junk
    Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 3.26.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-04 at 3.26.12 PM.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 586199Attachment 586200

Since rob him self confirmed the vin and said go for it, heres the carfax. I wasn't going to post it but since he doesn't care or again thinks for some weird ass reason I made it up, here it is. Feel free to question now how bad the damage was. Frankly I don't care...

So some quick facts for everyone:

This IS the car I remember.
    It DID have a accident.
    The accident WAS structural
    Last edited by e36mike; 11-09-2016 at 04:04 PM. Reason: added info

My Cars
    B8 A4
    Real question here. If the car was damaged so badly that it should have been totaled wouldn't there be more evidence from what we saw today of the underside?

My Cars
    junk
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisimo View Post
    Real question here. If the car was damaged so badly that it should have been totaled wouldn't there be more evidence from what we saw today of the underside?
    I don't know.. Maybe the more they look into it the more they'll find. The front struts didn't line up when he got the car back, as the strut bar that came off my E36 M3 at the time didn't link up. As I mentioned in my first post he drilled holes to make it work as he just wanted to look of the bar.

If you look at the carfax the car has only been driven about 9k in 9 years so I question if it was really fixed right since the last time I saw the car back in 07. But again I don't know.. I was only trying to tell someone looking at this car it was in a bad accident which it was..

And again as I've stated a few times now, I hope this does work out. I just think its pretty funny that he claims I was trying to pull a "gotcha" on him and his car when I made the thread a month before he even bought it and made a video on it.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    according to Rob, the car is just fine.

IG:

My Cars
    junk
    Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    according to Rob, the car is just fine.
    Well if his sponsor told him its a clean carfax and thats what he's basing the story being nonsense then they clearly lied to him.

The video shows he finds previous repairs exactly where I said the car was hit..

If he feels its fine, and has it checked it out and they said its fine then GREAT. Still doesn't change the history of the car. Hope it works out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beamer4seater View Post
    Maybe Dashub [ the company Rob is promoting] is lying to him about the CARFAX. In the new video he just put up, the repair he found is consistent with the accident story!
    This.

- - - Updated - - -

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 3.26.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-04 at 3.26.43 PM.jpg

Not sure why the other 2 didn't load.
    Last edited by e36mike; 11-10-2016 at 09:58 AM.

My Cars
    1997 328i
    Just watched the video, that floor pan and front fender wheel definitely look to be repaired.
    Instergrams: @davemakepictar

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
    Just watched the video, that floor pan and front fender wheel definitely look to be repaired.
    Well, that is what Rob is saying himself as well. He also states the car has a clean title.

IG:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast