Thread: just wondering

My Cars
    325i 2003

just wondering

Would it be a waste to buy a 2013 335ix that has cold weather, driver assist, premium,luxury, harman kardon packages as opposed to sport package and m sport possibly? Would I be better off with just a 328ix with sport possibly- or even a 528 or 535?

Also, I know it may not be the right place to ask- but what does everyone think about the 2013/2014 audi a6 with the 2.0 engine?

Thanks
    Last edited by michaelp; 09-13-2016 at 10:17 PM. Reason: addition

My Cars
    2020 Mercedes S560
    Have you driven any of these cars?

I do not know how anyone could answer such a subjective question.

As far as the Audi, there are probably reviews on the internet you could look at.

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hi Michael,

What are you looking for in your car? Performance, comfort, luxury, etc...? There are a lot of elements that can go into buying a car and you need to figure out what you're looking for first. The 335xi is an excellent awd version with a lot of power, 328xi and 528 and going to be more luxury than performance. The 535 has the same motor as the 335 and is also an excellent balance of luxury/sport. Hope this helps.

-Dmitry
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    325i 2003
    Thank you for your input.
    I guess I an skeptical about the 328/528. I currently have a 2003 325i and have really enjoyed the engine. I usually get 32-34 on the hwy and 24 in the city. It has always had as much power as I have needed. I am just unsure about the sound and longevity of the 4 vs the power of the 6. I really want something I can depend on like what I have now.

Been thinking about the audi a4/a6 as well but again with the 4 cyl. haven't seen too many 6 cyl. around used in my price range.

My Cars
    2000 528, 2015 X5
    Michael,

I am with you on the BMW straight six. Nobody makes a nicer six than BMW.

(HERESY ALERT! BMW AFICIONADOS LOOK AWAY! )

My wife wanted a convertible once in her life. We looked at the 3 Series with the new hard top back then. Too frumpy. Looked like a GM product taking cues from an iron. The wife gave it two big thumbs down. The Mercedes 280 SL was cute but you had to have your legs sawn off below the knee and women had to put their purses in the passenger seat or floor well, which is some kind of social faux pas men just do not understand. There was no room behind the seat if you were over five feet tall. Then, we stopped by VW.

The EOS hard top 2.0T had 205hp four mated to a twin clutch 6-speed. It was heaven. On her test drive with the sales guy in the back, she lights up the front right tire in a huge billowing cloud of smoke and stench and then asks coyly, "What was that?" I told her it was, "about 500 miles worth of the front right tire." The salesman in the back seat laughed out loud. Needless to say, we bought the car. The 2.0T and 6-speed performed flawlessly, despite a penchant for oil until the rings seated at 25,000 miles. My only complaint was channeling 200 hp to the front tires. That is lunatic. It never torque steered but it absolutely gobbled up front tires. The 2.0T mill is virtually identical to the ones in the Audi. And, I have learned from at least one X3 owner I have talked to, the BMW 4T in that vehicle gets better power and mileage than the old six he had in his previous X3. He loved the motor. As for fours, if that VW was RWD, we'd still have it.

Turbos today are pretty much lifetime items, designed to go the life of the car. They are water cooled and require no service and little bother. Many, like the VW/Audi have water pumps that circulate water through the turbo for five minutes after shutdown if temps are high enough, like Phoenix in summer. In the winter out here, the turbo pump never ran.

Drive one. You might be surprised!

Last edited by CaptainStark; 09-19-2016 at 06:32 PM.

My Cars
    325i 2003
    You lost me. Drive what -a bmw with the 4 cyl turbo? Does it work and cool the same as the audi?
    Better performance than the 6? BMW or audi?

My Cars
    z3
    The EOS is ugly and FWD... Apples and oranges to BMWs...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!