Thread: Advice: 2007 BMW 328XI (Tree fell on it) Part out vs. sell as is

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328XI

Advice: 2007 BMW 328XI (Tree fell on it) Part out vs. sell as is

Hi Guys,

Back in 2013, my BMW took a tree to the roof. Due to the fact that it wasnt being driven while i saved up to replace a steering column rod during my broke college days, i pulled insurance until i would have it driving.

Fate landed this giant tree on the car, and i just recently paid the car off, while it has been in storage. Beyond the damage to the roof panel, the tree busted out the windshield (front and back), and the rear passenger window.

The car ran after the accident, but after 3 years in storage, it no longer will, i'm now in the process of getting it back running to potentially sell it (first step: new battery, and spark plugs, hopefully that does the trick)

My question is, do you think it would be a better idea to start parting out the major parts, or just sell it (once running) whole for someone else to do. The interior is pretty spotless still, and beyond needing some new brake pads, it had no problems (and a brand new steering rod column..)

Keep in mind that despite the damage, the title is clean.. not that that has a huge effect.

I'm not particularly car saavy, so parting out would be sort of a hassle, as its stored 50 minutes away (but could be done if it would mean recovering anything substantial back..)

Couldn't figure out how to add images, so i created a Craigslist ad with pictures.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...762569908.html

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328XI

Advice: Tree Fell on 2007 BMW 328XI -- Part out, or sell whole as is?

Hi Guys,

Back in 2013, my BMW took a tree to the roof. Due to the fact that it wasnt being driven while i saved up to replace a steering column rod during my broke college days, i pulled insurance until i would have it driving.

Fate landed this giant tree on the car, and i just recently paid the car off, while it has been in storage. The car ran after the accident, but after 3 years in storage, i'm now in the process of getting it back running to potentially sell it (new battery, and sparkplugs, hopefully that does the trick)

My question is, do you think it would be a better idea to start parting out the major parts, or just sell it (once running) whole for someone else to do. The interior is pretty spotless still, and beyond needing some new brake pads, it had no problems (and a brand new steering rod column..)

Keep in mind that despite the damage, the title is clean.. not that that has a huge effect.

I'm not particularly car saavy, so parting out would be sort of a hassle, as its stored 50 minutes away (but could be done if it would mean recovering anything substantial back..)

Here is a link with pictures:
    http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...762569908.html
    Last edited by shogun; 09-02-2016 at 05:38 PM. Reason: double posts merged