Hi,

I am bought a running project car which was a 2005 E87 120i Manual Base Model with a 1UZ-FE non-VVTI (Lexus V8)

I am from South Africa and this motor is a popular swap in a lot of vehicles, with this car the swap was done terribly and due to the Original ECU been removed most of the stuff doesnt work lol

Anyways I have a lot of work but here it is, love it and it keeps me busy on the weekend while I fix it

This is how I bought it

Issues - some are even missing from the list most have been fixed but still working on it, but I honestly love working on it

*Untuned
*Leaking custom sump
*Missing 120i ecu
*Butchered engine Harness
*Flywheel not balanced
*Flywheel not skimmed
*No dowel pins on flywheel
*No dowel pins on gearbox adapter
*Gearbox adapter not skimmed or straight edged
*clutch disintegrated
*pressure plate needed replacing
*exhaust made from 8 pieces including mild and stainless steel. Had small and big pieces restricting flow
*exhaust leaking
*electrics not working i.e. Cluster. Climate control. Rear windows (front windows opened with key).
*2nd gear touching propshaft
*high pressure power steering pipe leaking due to it being cut and joined
*fuel leak where the connection of the Lexus v8 fuel line was. The pipe had to be replaced as it was too hard to seal correctly
*airfilter extremely dirty
*diesel Diff with a ratio of 2.56. Upgraded to a E90 330 Auto Diff with a ratio of 3.73
*shocks don't function anymore
*rear brake pads metal on metal
*rear brake rotors hairline cracks
*front brakes have a shudder and rotors need to be replaced
*brake lights stay on
*fog lights broken
*throttle cable broke as it was installed at a 90 degree angle and cable tied to the pedal which eventually snapped
*bumper air dams misaligned
*washer fluid bottle removed
*radiator loose
*radiator fan (has 2) both are set to pull so they are pretty pointless at this point
Radiator behind plastics so airflow was restricted
*radiator needed a overfill bottle but instead an expansion tank was used. So none of the water from the radiator could be sucked back into the system after it reached boiling point
*spark plug used to block hole on power steering pump
*ac system removed
*heater valves not connected
*bonnet not catching correctly
*fuel flap not flush on body work
*wheels not balanced
*missing center brace
*bumpers aligned
*bonnet dented
*needs boot and bonnet shocks
*clutch bleed nipple broken off
*fan cowel missing
*seized left rear caliper bushing pin
*torn front fender liners
*leaking fuel lines
*missing bolts on gearbox
*Clutch is too small
*Leak on fuel lines

And much much more

I have also done a lot of upgrades and it is not yet finished but this is what it looks like now