Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2016 Monaco GP @ Monte Carlo

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxxx View Post
    I actually thought Hamilton's move on Ric a bit similar to Rosberg's move on Hamilton in Spain.
    In a good or bad way

My Cars
    02 E46 M3 IR + 13 Honda
    So I watched the race again, and apart from everything that happened... I came away with the feeling that, no offense but Rosberg doesn't have that killer instinct.... Do you guys think if that was a Senna, Schumacher, Hamilton, Alonso, or Vettel... In Rosberg shoes they would have let their team mate past, with a win possible and that too @ Monaco, the Jewel crown!

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineWeiss View Post
    With out being able to see it again (thanks FOM!) my opinion today on the chicane was that Ricciardo should have stuck with it and let Hamilton crash into him.

Why?

It was a psychological battle, who was going to decide that accepting 2nd was better than crashing.

Hamilton said "If you try to pass me I am going to pit myself putting you into the wall"
    Ricciardo responded "Alright I'll back off, mate"

Ricciardo is not going to win WDCs unless he is willing to have that crash. If he can be bullied into 2nds, he will be bullied into 2nds by people like Hamilton. This is not a sport for nice people.

In the public eye, Hamilton would have looked like an utter Kyvat for crashing Ricciardo out after blowing that chicane and Ricciardo would have come away smelling like roses. It also would have been established for Hamilton that Ricciardo is not a safe guy to push around. Ricciardo, with his demon braking moves he keeps backing out of, needs to have this 'I wont be bullied' reputation for more sane passes like the chicane exit offered.

Speaking of Kyvat, I am continuing to be disappointed that nobody hits him back.
    I completely agree!
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
    So I watched the race again, and apart from everything that happened... I came away with the feeling that, no offense but Rosberg doesn't have that killer instinct.... Do you guys think if that was a Senna, Schumacher, Hamilton, Alonso, or Vettel... In Rosberg shoes they would have let their team mate past, with a win possible and that too @ Monaco, the Jewel crown!
    Rosberg was having brake issues. Like a second a lap slower brake issues. The fact this issue was allowing Ric to run away further into the lead meant that the team had to do something.

If any team mate, who's having car issues, doesn't let their team mate past then I suspect that they are not going to be part of the team for long.

Also, it's not as if Rosberg needed this win or second place to cement his championship lead over another manufacturer. He let a team mate past in order to score constructors points and to try take points away from another constructor - which is in Mercs benefit.

If/when the roles are reversed re: Lewis/Nico later in the season you can be guaranteed (that unless it's a fight for the championship between the team mates) that Lewis will move aside and let Nico past.

And if the person doesn't move over for their team mate then they could have easily pulled a Sauber and both cars scoring zero points or not finishing the race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineWeiss View Post
    With out being able to see it again (thanks FOM!) my opinion today on the chicane was that Ricciardo should have stuck with it and let Hamilton crash into him.

Why?

It was a psychological battle, who was going to decide that accepting 2nd was better than crashing.

Hamilton said "If you try to pass me I am going to pit myself putting you into the wall"
    Ricciardo responded "Alright I'll back off, mate"

Ricciardo is not going to win WDCs unless he is willing to have that crash. If he can be bullied into 2nds, he will be bullied into 2nds by people like Hamilton. This is not a sport for nice people.

In the public eye, Hamilton would have looked like an utter Kyvat for crashing Ricciardo out after blowing that chicane and Ricciardo would have come away smelling like roses. It also would have been established for Hamilton that Ricciardo is not a safe guy to push around. Ricciardo, with his demon braking moves he keeps backing out of, needs to have this 'I wont be bullied' reputation for more sane passes like the chicane exit offered.

Speaking of Kyvat, I am continuing to be disappointed that nobody hits him back.
    With regards to the Lewis/Daniel incident: I completely disagree. If you watch it carefully, Danny only backed off when he lost traction in the water off line - after Lewis had pushed him wide. It wasn't a matter of crashing into Lewis - it was a matter of Danny crashing into the armco. He would have looked a right tit if he binned it whilst trying to overtake because offline was so slippery.

My Cars
    yay
    Quote Originally Posted by bawareca View Post
    In a good or bad way

Ehh, it was a good move I thought! I am really enjoying the aggressive racing recently.
    CARS
    02.92 325is / 06.72 2002 / 02.91 XJ / 08.04 R53 JCW

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234