Thread: Click it or Ticket

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650

Click it or Ticket

May 23 starts the two-week national Click It or Ticket campaign aimed at encouraging everyone to wear their seat belt on every trip.

Expect your state to be extra vigilant.

Or at least have a DNR on record and save the rest of us the tax dollars.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    Are Slower than yours.
    yyee haw.

My Cars
    04 330i zhp; 06 Cooper S
    If we are going to have national health care, especially, I am in favor of tiered coverage that excludes benefits for injury and illness caused by choices made by individuals. If you so love your "freedom" that you refuse to comply with seatbelt laws, then national health insurance won't pay your hospital and doctors bills resulting from your flying through the windshield or getting smacked by an airbag because you weren't belted in. Ditto for cancer bills from smokers, knee replacements for joggers, etc. It's a moral hazard to insure such behavior. You're free to do it, but don't ask the rest of us to pay for it.

My Cars
    z3
    With the speeds I drive its probably safer for me to be thrown out of the car then to be strapped into it...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Campaigns like this always make me wonder... So they are going to just enforce the law which they should be doing anyway.

Does this mean they are not going to enforce it when the campaign is over?

Or they are going to dedicate extra resources to this now so other things can go unchecked?

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2003 330Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by maxell0405 View Post
    ...knee replacements for joggers, etc. It's a moral hazard to insure such behavior...
    Not to pick a fight. Is this really the best example?
    Living a healthy lifestyle is something that should lower rates...also, humans are naturally built endurance runners.
    By that same logic should Pilots/Flight attendants have to pay out of pocket for cancer treatments?

I do agree with the rest of your points, but the runner thing struck me wrong.

My Cars
    04 330i zhp; 06 Cooper S
    Touche on the joggers, but it's a pet peeve of mine. IMO there are much better ways of staying fit that don't ruin your knees, hips, and feet. Just don't run on asphalt in traffic, OK? Run on a trail or even a treadmill. Don't run 30 miles a week, etc. And pilots get cancer? Well, at least they are contributing a social utility.

My Cars
    2003 330Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by maxell0405 View Post
    Touche on the joggers, but it's a pet peeve of mine. IMO there are much better ways of staying fit that don't ruin your knees, hips, and feet. Just don't run on asphalt in traffic, OK? Run on a trail or even a treadmill. Don't run 30 miles a week, etc. And pilots get cancer? Well, at least they are contributing a social utility.
    I agree, running on paved surfaces is the primary cause of those types of injuries (or at least exacerbating them). Being pro-running, I always advocate proper technique, and proper running location. Pilots/attendants are at an increased risk due to the lack of protection afforded them from the lack of atmosphere @ 30,000ft for extended periods for the duration of a 30~40yr career...much more of a subjective analysis on my part I would agree.

Let us all agree the real issue plaguing the roads today are those contemptible "road cyclists"...bane of my existence, they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwdirtracer View Post
    ...we shouldn't forget that he changed the radio oil...
    "Stop im assuming im people in the past im giving you all the info you need and all i here is bitching ......im not stupid"

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    Are there really people who don't wear their seatbelts? I've literally never witnessed such stupidity.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Or they are going to dedicate extra resources to this now so other things can go unchecked?
    In my state, non-seat belt wearers account for about 20% of the fatalities yet make up 5% of the drivers. Not to mention how many injuries they account for that could have been prevented. Certainly some other crimes are more important, but I don't think that such should be overlooked especially when other costs are factored in.

I doubt cops are letting speeders go just so they can ticket someone not wearing a seat belt.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.