Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to Diagnose Car with INPA

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Start the car before you attempt the diagnosis - that way the alternator will keep the battery voltage propped up. Doubtful that the terminal wire itself has failed but the connections on both ends may be another story - disconnect both ends and clean them, then reconnect and try again. If the battery voltage is dropping quickly and there are no shorts or consumers working, the battery may be getting tired.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Start the car before you attempt the diagnosis - that way the alternator will keep the battery voltage propped up. Doubtful that the terminal wire itself has failed but the connections on both ends may be another story - disconnect both ends and clean them, then reconnect and try again. If the battery voltage is dropping quickly and there are no shorts or consumers working, the battery may be getting tired.
    David, I managed to get a new battery free yesterday because Sam's foolishly thought the battery was still under warranty...it might have been under the PO and despite me explaining I came prepared to buy a new battery. The old battery depleting rate was greater than the charging rate.

I still have problems with INPA and NTVDM.exe not responding. I added a DLL tool that seems to throws shield on my shortcut and started telling me I have no permission...pissing me off. So, I reinstall the software again after doing a fresh of the Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits. The problem continued...I only got rid of the shield that seems to need administrator in spite of me being that...just had me cursing the stupid Windows being a Mac person most of my life. The problem seems to be NTVDM.exe and wowexec.exe aren't using any memory or appearing to not doing so when INPAload launches. In spending hours reading about the problem, I learned that nothing that's non-windows should be running in C:\windows\system32 and the fault may be:
    C:\windows;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%Sys temRoot%\System32\Wbem;c:\ediabas\bin...in the PDF how to install.

How I came to that conclusion is looking at my Acer netbook that has the cloned hard drive and discovered there were no such entry in the environment variables. INPA works on the Acer...it geared for USB and doesn't have a serial port that my car needs. Since the Acer netbook has the Windows 7 Professional and not the Windows XP that the install example made reference to, I'll try installing INPA again and eliminating that step.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried editing the Path; however that didn't work as it's set in stone. Here's the protest I am getting when I launch INPA on the Dell (it's in German despite select English during the installation process...Gloogle translate: directNT.sys can not be opened) see screen shot. When I clicked okay, I get Ediabas server for win32 has stopped working then, upon closing, of course, ntvdm.exe is not responding (because Ediabas closed).

Last edited by NolliM3; 06-25-2016 at 04:53 PM.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    That error is usually due to not installing the ADS driver. You do this by going to C:\EDIABAS\Hardware\ADS\ADS32\ and run ADSSetup.exe as administrator. A command prompt screen will flash briefly. Then restart your computer, and it *should* work.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Tried editing the Path; however that didn't work as it's set in stone. Here's the protest I am getting when I launch INPA (it's in German despite select English during the installation process) see screen shot. When I clicked okay, I get Ediabas server for win32 has stopped working then, upon closing, of course, ntvdm.exe is not responding (because Ediabas closed).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 328 Power 04 View Post
    That error is usually due to not installing the ADS driver. You do this by going to C:\EDIABAS\Hardware\ADS\ADS32\ and run ADSSetup.exe as administrator. A command prompt screen will flash briefly. Then restart your computer, and it *should* work.
    Thank you 328Powero4...I just did, even attaching the ADS cable just to make sure then launch ADSset, restarted the machine and all is good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12