Thread: Want to buy this car but need help

My Cars
    89 325i

Want to buy this car but need help

I want to buy this e30 extremely bad and I love it but I want to know what you all think about it and if I should buy it. I know it says over 7000 I've been talking to him and it's down to around 6000. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...555365828.html

323i E30 is offline ⅂!ʈө !ƨ l!ʞө ɐ ʇөlөbµouө
    My Cars
    M52 E30 touring & E91
    Things that catch the eye: The kickpanel is missing, the dashboard is likely cracked, the antenna sits in a weird angle, not sure what's going on with the handbrake, missing lip under the valence, missing trim on both doors, tow hook is hanging out.
    More positive: looks rust free from here but best check carefully. Rebuilt engine (does he have proof of that? If that's longer than 5 years ago, you will need to change the timing belt).

Personally I'd *hate* things like red, purple and blue lights in my view while driving. Also the wheels/tires and the black/white roundels don't do it for me, same for the black kidneys and the 'quick release' steering wheel. All that stuff would go out the window, but I'm not you so if you like it; buy it.
    Seats look nice though, but that seatbelt receiver sits like it will be on your lap when in use.
    Promise to grin if he tells you that it's a 16 valve though, like he mentions in his ad..
    ^ true story

D̶i̶b̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶2̶1̶

My Cars
    89 325i
    Hello friend, the little things really don't bother me all too much such as a cracked dash or the trim on the doors, the belt thing although I did not notice and I feel they would annoy me but could be doable, the rims bother me a bit and the ride height is far too high, I'm planning on doing quite a bit of work to this car so it doesn't need to be amazing, he has all proof of the engine rebuild within the past year so the timing belt will not be a problem for quite some time, is the price of 6000 too high for this car??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 323i E30 View Post
    Things that catch the eye: The kickpanel is missing, the dashboard is likely cracked, the antenna sits in a weird angle, not sure what's going on with the handbrake, missing lip under the valence, missing trim on both doors, tow hook is hanging out.
    More positive: looks rust free from here but best check carefully. Rebuilt engine (does he have proof of that? If that's longer than 5 years ago, you will need to change the timing belt).

Personally I'd *hate* things like red, purple and blue lights in my view while driving. Also the wheels/tires and the black/white roundels don't do it for me, same for the black kidneys and the 'quick release' steering wheel. All that stuff would go out the window, but I'm not you so if you like it; buy it.
    Seats look nice though, but that seatbelt receiver sits like it will be on your lap when in use.
    Promise to grin if he tells you that it's a 16 valve though, like he mentions in his ad..
    I'm sorry this is my first time on here I didn't know how to respond back to what you had said, my reply was ment for you.

323i E30 is offline ⅂!ʈө !ƨ l!ʞө ɐ ʇөlөbµouө
    My Cars
    M52 E30 touring & E91
    Quote Originally Posted by Edahle30 View Post
    Hello friend, the little things really don't bother me all too much such as a cracked dash or the trim on the doors, the belt thing although I did not notice and I feel they would annoy me but could be doable, the rims bother me a bit and the ride height is far too high, I'm planning on doing quite a bit of work to this car so it doesn't need to be amazing, he has all proof of the engine rebuild within the past year so the timing belt will not be a problem for quite some time, is the price of 6000 too high for this car??

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry this is my first time on here I didn't know how to respond back to what you had said, my reply was ment for you.
    Welcome indeed, and no problemo!
    I shouldn't comment on the price though as that can differ quite a lot depending on location, and I'm pretty far from yours.
    Wheels are easy to sell, so that should get you back some of your cash.
    Check out the E30 sub of this site as well (and read through the buyer's guide btw).
    ^ true story

D̶i̶b̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶2̶1̶