Thread: Brand new car with touch up paint

My Cars

Brand new car with touch up paint

I leased a brand new BMW last week and found a 4" section of the front that is covered in touch up paint above the kidney grill. I have an appointment tomorrow to discuss this with the sales manager.

What should I expect the dealer to do? Repaint the front of the car and risk it not matching? Redo the touch up to look better? Will they tell me to live with it?
    -Courtney

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    The damage was done after the car left the BMW vehicle prep site. That means it happened while the car was shipped or at the dealership. Why? The repair to damage such as this performed at the prep site would be undetectable to the average owner.

If you are getting nowhere during the conversation tell the dealer rep that you'll contact BMW NA for assistance. Also, join the BMW Car Club of America, and use the club's mediation service. I've heard that the BMWCCA people have great success.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Quote Originally Posted by courtland View Post
    Repaint the front of the car and risk it not matching?
    If you can notice it, it wasn't done right. I'd want them to fix it so anyone would never know it's there. If the paint doesn't match then it wasn't done right.

I'd also look at the lease paperwork and see what recourse you have. It's only been a week, what would the ramifications be of turning the car in? (I honestly don't know, I think leases are a bad idea (at least for me)).
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.