Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me choose E36 or E30

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328is
    The E36 is a better driving car. It just is. The E30's perhaps 'feels' more responsive, but the E36 will out corner it, out brake it, and will walk right past it in a straight line. Additionally, the E36 has a huge aftermarket following, and the money you would have to spend on the E30 just to get it to the same level as a factory E36 does not make it worth it.

All of these points are nullified if you 'stance' the E36, which I would strongly urge you not to do. Ruining the suspension geometry and handling characteristics on a car that is known for its excellent suspension geometry and handling characteristics is stupid.

My Cars
    2003 330Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaVyohr View Post
    All of these points are nullified if you 'stance' the E36, which I would strongly urge you not to do. Ruining the suspension geometry and handling characteristics on a car that is known for its excellent suspension geometry and handling characteristics is stupid.
    But he doesn't intend on racing or tracking it...now who's stupid?

It wasn't conveyed, but that sentence was sarcasm. OP has already seemingly made up his mind in spite of myself, and just about every other person on here saying that is a stupid idea. He is seemingly ignoring the consensus, as he seems more interested in the "value" of the car...even though stancing it (aside from ruining the spirit of the car) ruins the value.
    BimmerBreaker made the best point, 'if all you're interested in is what it's value is...then you're doing it wrong'.
    Last edited by Doge; 04-22-2016 at 05:50 PM.

My Cars
    1999 M3 Coupe
    I choose the E30 simply because I don't feel the convertible is my style and I sold the convertible to an older enthusiast who will keep it stock.

In responce to all the stance hate, I've never wanted to stance a car before, but when I see stanced cars I do think they look cool. Would I stance a good M3...no, I agree it ruines a lot of the purpose. HOWEVER, this is a convertible were talking about, It's simply a pleasure car in my opinion, I think it would be just as much a waste to put performance parts on it.
    Last edited by jdmrolla; 05-02-2016 at 10:05 AM.

My Cars
    2003 330Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmrolla View Post
    I choose the E30 simply because I don't feel the convertible is my style and I sold the convertible to an older enthusiast who will keep it stock.

In responce to all the stance hate, I've never wanted to stance a car before, but when I see stanced cars I do think they look cool. Would I stance a good M3...no, I agree it ruines a lot of the purpose. HOWEVER, this is a convertible were talking about, It's simply a pleasure car in my opinion, I think it would be just as much a waste to put performance parts on it.
    We weren't hating on you, my friend.
    There are a lot of fools out there who just straight up destroy perfectly good cars (even Civics...hahahahaha).
    Rolling fenders (I know you said you weren't going to) is one of the dumbest things IMHO.
    And I partially disagree with your notion that a vert is strictly pleasure based. Not to say I like verts ('cause I kinda don't) but the M3 vert should be just as much of a spine-buster as the non-vert with only the weight being a drawback.

Anyway, I (at least) am glad to hear you made a decision and are happy with it...those are the only decisions worth making anyway. E30s are awesome cars, I want to buy my friend's someday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12