Thread: Is my BMW totaled?

My Cars
    2009 BMW 328i coupe

Is my BMW totaled?

So I totaled my first car, 2007 BMW 328xi coupe back in January... finally I snatched this 2009 really clean 328i coupe on Wednesday... I was sitting at a red light on Friday and a truck comes up and rear ends me... what luck. You guys think this is totaled? Ian hoping it's not but the tow truck guy said it might be. I'm in a stage of hoping and confusion so if ylu guys want to help me out here and try to clarify what you think is going to happen. and if it is totaled, is it worth it to fix, the wreck was not my fault , he hit a Lexus that hit me.

http://imgur.com/JQirPFa.jpg

https://imgur.com/GsApXof

there's a after and before pics
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 04-05-2016 at 06:47 PM. Reason: fixed link

My Cars
    2020 Mercedes S560
    What does your insurance company say?

My Cars
    2003 330Ci
    Your first link is broken, remove the "i." from the link and it will work again.
    You can't really tell anything detailed from that picture. How is your rear suspension? Caved in wheels?
    Your fender is obviously destroyed, but it's hard to tell if the carrier (bumper) frame is damaged..it probably is judging from the photo provided.
    If the car was "crabbing" then you may have a bent frame (if that's the case I am sorry)
    Keep in mind it's only a total loss if the cost of damage equals or exceeds the current value of the car. And that will really be the case if some, or most of the car's structure will be damaged in a way requiring remediation. From what I know about body work (very little mind you) this is never as expensive or as thorough as structural damage.

For your sake, and the sake of that beautiful car, I hope it's purely cosmetic. Force dissipates as it travels through media, so maybe...just maybe that Lexus cushioned your fall, so to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwdirtracer View Post
    ...we shouldn't forget that he changed the radio oil...
    "Stop im assuming im people in the past im giving you all the info you need and all i here is bitching ......im not stupid"

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
    What does your insurance company say?
    His insurance company told him to ask the forums if its totaled or not. We have the power

edit: now that I got the pictures working - it will probably be totaled. Especially if the pass side rear 1/4 is damaged, which it clearly is. That is essentially part of the frame of the car - that, and the part of the trunk the hinge latches onto... that being that far out of alignment tells me theres a lot of metal damage underneath.
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 04-05-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!