Thread: V10 Problems?

V10 Problems?

I have a 2008 M5 E60 question. I had the "check engine" light come on in Sept. 2015,...went to a Independent Shop and had BOTH throttle actuators replaced and a month later,...same issue??? 6 months later with a visit every month after same issue!!! Finally went to a dealer and still 3 days later they don't know what the problem is after reprogramming the whole car and testing. Need some constructive comments or trouble shooting answers please. The car currently has 114,000 miles and has always gone to the dealer up to 100,000 miles. Full Vanos check came out good. I was the fool who went to a Independent Shop. Thanks if anyone can help?!?!

My Cars
    2018 340
    What is the problem with it now, still throwing throttle actuator codes?

All is good after $4k spent at the dealer! New throttle actuators installed and after re-programming the car. What a headache!!! Apparently, the independent shop didn't put new actuators on the car in the first place, they just charged me for the job after the dealer did a full inspection. The car runs perfect now because I had the dealer install a new dual mass flywheel and clutch. My hopes are that my car runs well at least for a little while?!?

My Cars
    1998 528i; 2000 540i;
    DId you get your money back from the independent shop?
    gmak: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. A journey with my new-to-me 2000 540i

"Working on a BMW E39 is the best way to run out of time."

I'm in the process now with the District Attorney from our state. They will be charging the owner with 3 felony counts on my behalf,...and the funny thing is that he has done this to many BMW owners from what the local BMW dealership has been saying. I will be in line for a full refund plus restitution or he will have a choice to go to jail for a minimum of 30 days. The more important thing is that the local Bmw dealership brought my car back to life and it is running very strong. The last 2 months there has been the throttle actuators being replaced, new dual mass flywheel and clutch. Also, I had the dealer install new H+R lowering springs. I think though after my settlement I will be putting my M5 E60 6-speed up for sale and perhaps move into the MX5!