Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BN sports styled e46

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    Dont mind me, just posting some of my favorite pics from the last couple events. Attended gridlife where Larry Chen took a couple pictures of me and posted on SpeedHunters,which was rad, and i also attended a local Back to Basics event. Car picked up some damage from gridlife, just damage to the aero, nothing crazy, should be fixed for the Street League Night fall event ill be doing August 6th. this week ill be starting on the cage and swapping out the old SLR kit for the new SLR kit i have. and on to the pics.

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    looking good! sorry if i missed it, but what suspension are you using? is it e36 stuff? offset or centered control arm bushings?

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    Suspension is still e46. I have full SLR(old design) and I'm swapping to the new design, since I bought a kit for a previous build and this car came with a kit already when I bought it. So it's getting the new kit installed now. BC coilovers 10k/14k spring rates. Turner camber arms, solid subframe bushings and the rest are polly.

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    Well, finished the cage and got the car back together. Just in time for street league this Saturday.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Bravo good sir. How are those door bars with getting in and out of the car? I want to cage my wagon eventually but I want to DD it too (AC and all). My biggest concern is how the cage makes it such a HUGE pain to get in and out of the car.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    It's actually not the bad getting in and out. My car still has ac to.

My Cars
    1997 328i, 89 325ix
    Beautiful welds man! Is that a prebuilt cage or made from scratch?

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    D2C2B3CE-F8DA-4B6D-95C2-67E58CA3950D_zpsebwpn5q5.jpg

Man that's pretty! I wasn't quite sure if that is TIG or someone popping the trigger on a MIG with great precision, but the gas coverage makes me think TIG?

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    The cage was fully built by me and a friend. Everything was tig welded by me. And thank you guys!

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    WOW, damn impressive! You're welcome for the compliment, thank you for the great pics of your work!!

Would you mind briefly running down your welder setup you use for jobs like that?

OH! You list that you're in Detroit! Maybe you can help clue me in to some opportunities to get in some drifting/learn to drift practice? I want to hit Auto City, but I'm not sure about going straight onto drifting on an oval with walls. Haha
    Last edited by tptrsn; 08-05-2016 at 12:19 PM.

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    I have a syncrowave 210 tig welder and a millermatic 211 mig welder. Both great machines and I love them. Autocity is a great place to learn. Banks are huge and if you just stay low on the bank, you have plenty of room to fuck up and not break your shit. The infield is a little tight, but it works.

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Awesome! Can you work on learning transitions in the infield there? I read some place that they often didn't let drift practice'ers use the infield to protect the grass or something.

Also, what are their safety reqs? My newest helmet is a Snell 2000, so I'm guessing I need to get a new one.
    Last edited by tptrsn; 08-05-2016 at 01:07 PM.

My Cars
    '83 320i & '86 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by tptrsn View Post
    Awesome! Can you work on learning transitions in the infield there? I read some place that they often didn't let drift practice'ers use the infield to protect the grass or something.

Also, what are their safety reqs? My newest helmet is a Snell 2000, so I'm guessing I need to get a new one.
    To expand on what Cory said, there is plenty of the track without walls to really try to push yourself. Yeah, there have been times they don't let us use the infield (usually early in the season, when the grass is in good shape still.) If you go on Test n Tune on Thursday the rules are don't leak anything onto the track, and that's pretty much it. There are a few more rules for the Back To Basics events, but even then they are fairly lenient. Check out mdudrift.com for the B2B info.

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    Excellent, thanks!! I decided I need new rear subframe bushings after all. As soon as I get them in, I will finally be ready to head over to head over there and give it a try!

My Cars
    1997 328i, 89 325ix
    Quote Originally Posted by derrty30 View Post
    I have a syncrowave 210 tig welder and a millermatic 211 mig welder. Both great machines and I love them.

Any chance you could use one of those metal glue guns to weld my diff? I've been looking for people that I would trust to do it properly, and after seeing your cage, I can say that you just might fall into that category.

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    no updates really, but heres a video from the last event i ran with the car

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Cool video. You guys are killing it out there. What are you running for tires?
    Also post more updates! I like this build.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
    Cool video. You guys are killing it out there. What are you running for tires?
    Also post more updates! I like this build.
    I tried out a few different tires last year and I'm really happy with running kenda kr20's. 225/40/18. Price is decent and tires have decent grip and wear good. I will update this thread as I make changes to the car, but I honestly haven't touched the car since this event. Been too damn busy and tied up with other things unfortunately.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Awesome, cage is came out great. did you use 1/4" UHMW for the front splitter?

My Cars
    turbo e36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolov View Post
    Awesome, cage is came out great. did you use 1/4" UHMW for the front splitter?
    Thank you! I used 3/8"s UHMW. i fucked up pretty bad on my 2nd event with it and destroyed it. Partially to a poor mounting design, and partially to an error while on track, well, mostly because of my error lol. The next one I will make will be out of some kind of wood. UHMW is not cheap lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12