Thread: What's the best route from Denver to Houston

My Cars
    07 BMW 335i, 81 BMW 528i

What's the best route from Denver to Houston

Hey Guys,
    On Friday morning I'm flying to Denver to pick up my 2003 540i M Sport purchased from the original owner (81K miles)
    I need to know which is the most drama free, and quickest route back home to Houston.

Google shows I-25 from Denver, Colarado Springs, Pueblo, to Raton, and taking I-40 to Amarillo. Looks like I have to take US highway 287 through Witcha Falls, and on to Ft. Worth.
    I'm thinking US highways sound like lot's of little towns and stops before getting to Ft. Worth. That worries me. (funny thing...they show route as the quickest)

My other choice is I-70 from Denver into Kansas, and I35 through Oklahoma.
    It appears to be longer in miles, but I will avoid passing through small towns and traffic lights.
    Which is the best route to take?

Tony

My Cars
    Hello,

When I moved from Albuquerque NM to Houston I traveled the back way, I believe you would need to take I25 south to Albuquerque. Once you get to Albuq take I40 east to Clines Corners if memory serves me right you would make the change there but double check. Its the back highway that will take you to Carlsbad and eventually the Texas/NM border and into San Antonio it is approx 1300 miles to Houston.
    Its a nice drive with very little traffic, I hope this helps
    Oh and just so you know there is nothing out there but desert and sage brush and oil wells.
    Last edited by beemer325i; 02-05-2016 at 02:32 PM.

My Cars
    GTS, E30
    I70 may be closed due to weather, and Raton Pass can be pretty sketchy this time of year as well. Whichever route you take, be sure to take weather into account.

My Cars
    m5s
    Quote Originally Posted by M62pwrdE38 View Post
    I70 may be closed due to weather, and Raton Pass can be pretty sketchy this time of year as well. Whichever route you take, be sure to take weather into account.
    Surely you mean I25

Raton can be very rough and small amounts of snow can cause closure due to drifts.

The route on 287 can go quick. There are small towns on the route, but you can really haul.