Thread: orangutan BMW design

My Cars
    bmw 318 d

orangutan BMW design

I own a BMW 318D and it was due a filter /oil change. so I decided to buy air/oil filter and some engine oil.I brought in the car registration certificate because i suspected it wouldn't be as simple as giving the car make, model and year. when I went to replace these , I soon realise that everything is designed to make things as awkward as possible for someone to access. the oil sump plug cannot be accessed without removing a cover - try doing this without a car hoist /pit and how in the hell of sweet jesus do you check to see if your plug is leaking?? of course the oil and air filters (when i eventually found the air filter) were the wrong ones - so I had gone into a car accessory shop with the registration certificate, which has all relevant information on the car..... and I still cannot get the right bloody parts?? replacing the air filter is a nonsense compared to other (cheaper) cars. I would have thought that paying that bit extra for a BMW would have meant a better and more fluent replacement of basic parts. and don't tell me...... oh but you should bring it to an authorised BMW dealer. no wonder they lost the war if their tanks were as unworkable as this !!

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Welcome here. Would be nice if you tell us the built year and the series.
    My Cars bmw 318 d
    is not enough, also please add that to your profile, avoids future questions on built years etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_3_Series
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    bmw 318 d
    the year is 2007 so that should make it E90.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Instead of venting your anger on a general board, how about going to the sub-board specifically for your model and asking for help there.

A simple google search would probably have netted similar results.

Buy a Camry.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53,
    Lol.... How are you change the oil in your car that makes it even post worthy noting a simple cover that must be removed. Second your frustrated that you brought your registration papers to a accessory shop and some guy making 2$ an hour messed up... Lol... I feel sorry when you order a pizza...
    2003 X5 4.6is - for sale
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress - for sale
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff - for sale
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped
    www.87chevy.com

My Cars
    2006 BMW 530xi
    Go to realoem and plug in the last 7 of your vin, this will present you with pictures(which will be good given your language skills) and part numbers for replacements. Beyond that a good service manual like bentleys will be helpful. The cover keeps everything clean, and we don't need to check for leaks, because the filter comes with a new crush washer, that we torque carefully. It's fool proof if you spend the time learning what you're doing. I think most people would agree that the complexities of a modern BMW do not quite explain the outcome of a war that ended 70 years prior to your car being produced.

Have you considered a camry?
    Last edited by Andrew06; 01-31-2016 at 02:36 PM.

My Cars
    bmw 318 d
    changing oil and air filters shouldn't be a "complexity" nor should finding parts for the model of car you drive.