Thread: PLEASE HELP me price my MCross individual interior for sale!

My Cars
    1997 estoril blue m3

PLEASE HELP me price my MCross individual interior for sale!

Hello all! Recently i was involved in a car accident and am now parting out my car, but I'm having an issue figuring out what to ask for my M-Cross Grau (Grey) alcantara full interior. Some that I've talked to have said to ask around 4k obo for it, others think that is blasphemy. I just really am at a loss here because i know they are extremely rare 1 of 4 in the US is what the factory numbers say online (I'm not including independently imported sets).
    A bit about the interior:
    It would include front and rear door cards, back seats with bolsters and seat belts, and two vaders.
    Condition: Small black ink stain on the lower half of the seat in the very pit of it almost underneath the back rest. Bolster on drivers is worn from being sat in over the years. Door cards sag. Other than that nothing is wrong, no tears, holes, other stains. Everything is actually at the detailer right now getting a once over before selling off. I will attache a very brief image of it so you can get an idea, but i won't be able to get detailed shots of it until its back from the detailer on tuesday

So please in your honest opinions what is my interior worth? What would someone pay for it? What is a price I could post it at that won't cause people to threaten to fight me over it? (yes that happened)
    Thank you in advance!

My Cars
    99 M3 Euro, 09 Fit
    Full interior in excellent condition will fetch 1750-2500
    Wear and tear will bring that down to an average of 1200-1600 in decent shape
    Worn with holes ... 1k max
    99 Techno S50B32 6-speed ///M3 (Complete)
    Mods: SOLD

My Cars
    1997 estoril blue m3
    Quote Originally Posted by MIMI1 View Post
    Full interior in excellent condition will fetch 1750-2500
    Wear and tear will bring that down to an average of 1200-1600 in decent shape
    Worn with holes ... 1k max
    Wow that seems really low considering in CA the average set of Hurricane interior goes for 2k all day. I wonder if the price on the different interiors varies regionally?

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by krondon View Post
    Wow that seems really low considering in CA the average set of Hurricane interior goes for 2k all day. I wonder if the price on the different interiors varies regionally?
    If you know the market, why are you even asking? Seems like you know how much you want for it already...

My Cars
    z3
    There are a lot more than 4 M Cross interiors in the US. 1 of 4 is likely your specific color combo.

In your shoes id be happy with 2k, i think thats about fair retail for it. Some may pay more but if you dont want to sit on it forever then list it at 2500 and take the first 2k offer you get imo.

My Cars
    e36M, 525iTA, 525i/5
    Pics please...

Like anything else, it's worth what someone will, pay.

I don't have any personal knowledge on this specific situation with color combo etc, but if it's rare, sitting on it along with a lot of exposure will get you the most money.

On the other hand, you could really make another enthusiasts day by gifting them, if you are in a financial position to do so. That would be more along the lines of seeing them live on in some matter of speaking, through someone else who appreciates the value beyond the $$. Sometimes it's just cool to be kind like that.

Sorry about your car, but glad you are (assuming) ok . Was this factory installed or did you convert? Personally I can appreciate "individual", and odd / unusual / rare factory color and fabric combinations -- but honestly to a random person in the market for an interior refresh, (who isn't an enthusiast,) that cloth looks like something one would anticipate seeing in a cheap throw away car. Keep that in mind too.

What are you talking about , someone threatening you over price?
    Last edited by mgoods50; 01-26-2016 at 07:06 PM.

My Cars
    98 M3
    There are 17 of those interiors factory ordered in NA. Not 4. I don't know where that # came from.
    My 8.5/10 condition set of black rain I purchased for about 1k US, but with no door cards.
    People are listing interiors for 2k on the regular, but it doesn't mean people are paying that. These are e36s, the owners are broke due to bushing replacements and exploding cooling systems.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring