Thread: Got my first ever BMW! Service record through VIN help?

My Cars
    03 X5

Got my first ever BMW! Service record through VIN help?

So I've owned plenty of cars before, from good ol' Japanese Toyotas and Hondas (Acuras as well), to German VWs, Audis, Mercs, and even a Porsche, but I never owned a BMW. Well today I got one from a local auction (2003 X5) with minor damage to it's fender and passenger door. Overall it looks like a nice car. Clean, nice interior, looks taken care of. It has an OK amount of miles on it, which makes wonder how it's previous owners did on maintenance. I heard BMW's have a system called DCSnet that lets you run a VIN and see all of the service records that the car has been through, is this true? Pretty sure Mercedes and Acura had something very similar to this as well. Could anyone run the VIN for me? Sorry if this is frowned upon or anything, I've been on plenty of other forums, but BMW is a new thing for me, so be kind and bare with me! If anyone is kind enough to take on this task, just shoot me a PM and I'll send you the VIN and any other info that might be needed!

Thanks guys!

My Cars
    03 X5
    Could a dealer look up this info for me as well?

My Cars
    z3
    BMW certainly has a system like that - all manufacturers do - but whether or not that info is public domain is questionable. If you are going to get it, its definitely from a dealer. Dealers have told me in the past that I can not get prior service history because that info is the "property" of the owner who had the work done. Some have said a little sweet talk or already being friends with the advisor can make them overlook this fact.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    03 X5
    Thanks BimmerBreaker, I guess I'll try asking my Dealer and see what they can do