Thread: FS: 2000 Z3M Coupe (S52), Titanium Silver w/ Black/Grey Nappa - $17K

My Cars
    Tesla MYP

FS: 2000 Z3M Coupe (S52), Titanium Silver w/ Black/Grey Nappa - $17K

I've owned and loved this coupe for nearly two years now, but it's dawned on me that I'd much prefer a black car. I know it's a trivial thing to sell a car over, but as I plan to keep the coupe long enough to pass it onto my children, it's worth it to me.

The car currently has just under 143,000 miles. High mileage? Yes. But these things do better when they are driven. I regularly perform work on the car and know the condition of nearly every component and have kept a very detailed list of maintenance items. I purchased the car in Spring of 2014 from a lovely older couple in Ashburn, VA who had maintained the car very well. I have all maintenance receipts from their ownership which included a new clutch in the past few years.

The exterior is roughly 8/10; the interior is, honest to god, a 9.5/10. The only interior wear is that side bolster on the driver's seat. Everything else is immaculate. Mechanically, this car is solid. I've been a member of this forum for several years, and have used this knowledge base to appropriately maintain and improve the car as I saw fit. There are several parts I will remove from the car to swap over to my new coupe. I will, more or less, return the car back to its stock condition save for a few items listed below. I've also listed every known item that was on my radar to either replace, repair, or refurbish.

Vehicle Summary:
    2000 BMW Z3 M Coupe
    Titanium Silver Metallic w/ Black and Dark Grey Nappa leather interior
    S52 3.2l Inline-6 w/ 5-speed manual transmission
    Rarity: 1 out of 59
    VIN: WBSCM9340YLC61493
    M Coupe Buyers Guide Listing: http://www.mcoupebuyersguide.com/listing?ListingID=3690

The Good:
    -The exterior and interior are in truly great condition for the age and mileage; though, there are caveats which I've outlined below.
    -No indication of premature failure in the rear subframe (have several photos; recently inspected)
    -Oil changed religiously at 3,000 mile intervals with BMW Castrol Synthetic 5w30 and Mahle Oil Filter; ECS Tuning Magnetic Drain Plug also installed (oil changed within the past 1,000 miles)
    -Replaced waterpump with EMP Stewart HD Waterpump (15% increase in flow; within past 1,000 miles) and ECS Tuning Aluminum Waterpump Pulley, (8% waterpump overdrive; within the paste 1,000 miles)
    -Replaced Thermostat and Housing with URO Aluminum Thermostat Housing and Meyle 88 degree Thermostat (within the past 1,000 miles)
    -Coolant Flushed w/ Distilled Water; Added BMW "Blue" Coolant, Distilled Water, and Red Line Water Wetter (within the past 1,000 miles)
    -Replaced All Drive-Belts, Tensioners, and Pulleys (within the past 1,000 miles)
    -Refurbished X-Brace with several coats of paint (within past 3,000 miles)
    -Replaced Exterior Door Handle Gaskets (within the past 3,000 miles)
    -Replaced Rear Roof Speakers with Infinity Reference 6.5" speakers using OEM Harness Connector (Soldered, No Cutting of Factory Harness; within the past 3,000 miles)
    -Refurbished Headlights and Installed Lamin-X Smoke Protective Film (within the past 3,000 miles)
    -Replaced OEM Hood Latches (within the past 3,000 miles)
    -Refurbished OEM Transmission Mount w/ several coats of paint (within the past 3,000 miles)
    -Refurbished OEM Front Swaybar, Installed Lemforder Front Sway End Links and Lemforder Front Sway Bushings (within the past 3,000 miles)
    -Installed UUC Black Transmission Mounts (within the past 3,000 miles)
    -Mechanical Fan Deleted, Installed Lower Temp Auxiliary Fan Switch and ECS Tuning Waterpump Nut added (within the past 3,000 miles)
    -Kidney Grilles Color-Matched (within the past 3,000 miles)
    -Wiper Fluid Reservoir painted black (within the past 3,000 miles)
    -Installed Thayer Seat Tilt Mod (within the past 3,000 miles)
    -Replaced OEM Clutch Slave Cylinder and OEM Brake Master Cylinder (within the past 5,000 miles)
    -Installed AC Schnitzer Replica Pedal Set w/ Dead Pedal (within the past 6,000 miles)
    -Replaced OEM Lower Timing Chain Tensioner (within the past 7,000 miles)
    -Installed Blaupunkt Cupertino Headunit Using Crutchfield harness (no cutting of factory wiring; within the past 7,000 miles)
    -Replaced Spark Plugs and Fuel Filter (within the past 7,000 miles)
    -Replaced Rear Hatch Struts (within the past 7,000 miles)
    -Equipped w/ Jim Conforti Shark Injector (installed under previous ownership)
    -Equipped w/ Bilstein HD Shocks w/ OEM Springs (installed under previous ownership)
    -Equipped w/ OEM Front Strut Reinforcements and Swapped Front Strut Mounts (installed under previous ownership)
    -Equipped w/ Slotted Rotors F/R mated to what appear to be Hawk HP Plus pads (a bit noisy, but stops well; installed under previous ownership)
    -Equipped w/ OEM BMW Alarm, includes OEM Two-Button Remote (Needs to be Programmed)

The Bad:
    -The rear passenger side tire loses a few PSI every couple weeks but otherwise the tires are in good condition. them. I can get tread depth readings later for anyone who asks.
    -The passenger side wheels have some curbing
    -Driver's Side window is slow to roll down/up
    -Power steering hose has a small leak. This was pointed out by Curry's when they performed a PPI before I purchased the car. I will include an OEM replacement hose.
    -Transmission selector seal has a small leak. From my experience this is common, and I was waiting to address or simply overcome with a 6-speed swap.
    -There is one small dent on the driver's side rear fender; this appears to be a door ding. I will most likely repair this before the sale.
    -The side bolster on the driver's side seat is worn and could use some leather treatment/repair (photographed).
    -The front end does have some rock chips since this is a regularly driven car (photographed).
    -The windshield has a small chip above the rearview mirror that is about the size of a dime in diameter; this, too will probably be fixed before the sale.
    -The rearview mirror has started to show signs that it needs repair by Sybesma's Electronics ($100 repair)
    -Passenger side exterior door handle should be replaced (has trouble opening occasionally)

Modifications Not Included in Sale:
    -Stromung Cat Back (Replaced with OEM exhaust)
    -Jim Conforti Intake (Replaced with OEM airbox)
    -Stubby Antenna (Replaced with OEM antenna)
    -Stone Guards
    -Amber Lights all around (replaced with OEM clear lenses)
    -S54 Underbody Panel Retrofit

I am very particular about my cars, verging on the edge of obsession and paranoia. I've done my best to outline every little thing that was on my radar regarding maintenance items. I've also tried to outline all the work I've done to it, but honestly there are probably things I'm missing. All in all, this car performs extremely well for its age and mileage, and I have to say, I've grown a bit attached to it since I've performed so much work on it myself. My aim was to completely restore this car and then begin modification phases.

This car truly needs to be seen in person and driven to understand its quality. I'm located in the NoVa area and welcome all interested parties to give me a shout. I'm on the forum frequently, so please feel free to PM. My price is $17K and I'm fairly firm on that.

I've included numerous photos below, but if there are any photos you'd like, please let me know. Additional information and photos can be found on my build thread here: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...l-2000-M-Coupe

Thank you for viewing! On to the photos!

Full Album

Last edited by Nijapo; 11-24-2015 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Photos. Additional Information. Grammars

My Cars
    z3
    You should sell me those amber tail lights and I'll give you some good condition clear ones

GLWS, car looks nice!

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    Tesla MYP
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    You should sell me those amber tail lights and I'll give you some good condition clear ones

GLWS, car looks nice!
    Hahaha! I'm not leaving the community. I'm trying to buy a certain black coupe for sale, but need to locate a buyer for mine. If it all works as planned, I'll be swapping a bunch of parts over to the new car. My car will still come with a bunch of goodies; I was also planning to throw in a Strong Strut Butt Strut to whoever buys my car for my asking price. I have one sitting in a box, but needs the hardware.
    Last edited by Nijapo; 11-19-2015 at 02:37 PM.

My Cars
    Chariot
    I take it you're hanging on to most/ all aftermarket pieces, including the intake?

Well priced. A little elbow grease and it'll be rock solid.

Gluck with the sale!

My Cars
    Tesla MYP
    Thank you! Yes, I've outlined the parts I'm keeping and the parts that will come with the car; TBH, there's a lot staying with the car.

As most will appreciate, I'm swapping the amber lenses back to clear. The stone guards, stubby antenna, intake, exhaust, S54 underbody cladding, and amber lights are coming with me; everything else stays. I'll replace all the parts I'm removing with the OEM parts that came with the car, which are all in great condition.

My Cars
    Tesla MYP
    UPDATE

After finally figuring out what the orientation of my front strut mounts mean, I'm fairly certain rotating them to stock orientation will solve what I thought was a loose tie rod and/or balljoints.

The previous owners added a bunch of modifications to the car (some I'm still discovering). Of these modifications, they also must have swapped the right and left strut mounts, which is common to increase negative camber. What I didn't realize was what the odd orientation of the swapped mounts meant.

A little background, the car was previously owned by the wife of an older couple. She had always driven small sports cars, but unfortunately she started to develop arthritis and driving the car was becoming increasingly more difficult. The decreased caster angle (as another forum member had stated) is supposed to create a lighter steering feeling, which would have made it a bit easier for her to steer. I took this as something worn on the front end. I'll be rotating the mounts this weekend to see if it remedies the symptoms.

On another note, this is what the car will look like without the amber lenses:

Last edited by Nijapo; 11-20-2015 at 08:04 PM.

My Cars
    Tesla MYP
    UPDATE

In full transparency, I removed the above section recommending the replacement of the front tie rods and control arms due to symptoms I felt in the handling: light steering, low steering feel. As I stated in the post above, I recently discovered that the orientation of the swapped front strut mounts may have been the cause of these symptoms. This weekend I rotated the strut mounts to their stock orientation and it has cured all symptoms I've felt. Not only has the steering become tighter and more responsive, turn-in has improved considerably as well as high speed stability.

My Cars
    Tesla MYP
    Bump! If you are interested, I'm entertaining offers.

My Cars
    Tesla MYP