Thread: BMWNA extended warranty options for my F10

My Cars
    2012 BMW 535i M-Sport 6M

Question BMWNA extended warranty options for my F10

I have a 2012 BMW 535i that will soon reach 50K miles. I remember in the past that different dealership were able to offer different prices on BMWNA extended warranties for the same length and miles. I also remember reading that at some point, BMWNA changed the rules and you were no longer able to extend your warranty unless you brought your car in for an inspection, therefore eliminating the possibility of getting a better deal from someone far from you (I live in Miami, FL, so that pretty much leaves everyone north of South Florida out of the question). Is this still the case? If so, would it be possible for me to get a quote from someone outside of my area, then bring my car to my local dealership and get it inspected free of charge so that the warranty can take effect?

Ideas please? And I will also take recommendations as to who's offering the best extended warranty deals these days.

Thank you all in advance.

My Cars
    2013 135i, 1994 Jeep XJ
    BMW has ton of different warranties now. I don't think that different dealership are able to offer different prices on BMWNA extended warranties for the same length and miles. I think they are pretty much set. Prices will vary according to the model of vehicle, but should be the same for that particular vehicle across all dealerships.

Here is a screen shot example straight from BMW/NA website for dealers. This is for my 135i.

MP is maintenance plan
    ESC is extended service contract
    GD is gold
    PT is platinum

Don't ask me what all is covered because sometime even I don't know and have to go ask our warranty clerk.

*edit
    I just noticed "Prices may vary by BMW center" at the bottom of the screen shot. Eh... oh well, maybe I was wrong.
    Last edited by mhunter29928; 11-09-2015 at 09:19 PM.

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    There is a standard mark-up that the dealer can discount, but it is nominal, so don't expect big discounts from the list price. A few hundred bucks off, at most.

Gold is equivalent to the "old" CPO (no trim, radio, nav, CD, Bluetooth or phone coverage. Headlights, tail lights, door locks and handles excluded).

Platinum is equivalent to the "new" CPO where radio, nav, etc and electrical headlight and tail light components are covered, along with electrical failures of door latches and locks.

PT+ is PowerTrain Plus and covers only failures (i.e. no oil leaks are covered) of engine and driveline components.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.