Thread: Stiff steearing wheel or Power Steering issue for 2007 335xi

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335Xi

Stiff steearing wheel or Power Steering issue for 2007 335xi

Hi all, I recently purchased this car and experiencing stiff steering wheel. I gave it to a BMW dealer and got it checked. They said its normal for a permanence type steering wheel and engine knock is standard on low gears as well. Is this true? Are all the sports package steering wheels suppose to be stiff??

My Cars
    1992 525i, 2007 328i
    Is this your first BMW? BMW's for the most part have a heavier steering feel to them, more so on the older models that don't have electrically assisted steering like yours has. My car's steering is much heavier than my Tacoma truck.

I'm assuming the dealer meant performance type steering? As for the comment on the engine knock being standard in low gears, I call bullshit, unless you are describing something else.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335Xi
    Yes this is my first BMW. My friend has 2004 325i that has a much more lighter steering wheel comparing to mine. I have to use both hands all the time to turn the wheel. I don't think even a performance type steering wheel should be that stiff.

The engine knock only comes when turning. Can this be a result of DSC system or All wheel drive system malfunction? Or engine being load up due to a power steering pump issue? Power steering oil level is fine tho. No leaks can be found.