Thread: Bmw 318 sport convertible 53 plate

My Cars
    2005 bmw z4

Bmw 318 sport convertible 53 plate

Hello everyone
    I had the AA out and noticed my 02 sensor 2 and cat running low coming up on diagnostics system. The oxygen is obviously not running right and when I pull off from 1st it almost feels like it's going to stall if I don't out enough revs while sitting in traffic. And just noticed if I start to speed up through the gears it feels likes it pulling back and then going and pulling back and then eventually goes. Plus I have a burnt smell like oil has leaked in the engine.

Any ideas or tips? Ask I brought this car 2 weeks ago and within that's 2 weeks I have had issues and the independent trader won't return my messages I have his address on the Mot. I think he did a dodgy mot. Where do I stand? I love the car and the AA chap said its nothing major wrong with the car just minor but want a little advice
    Thanks in advance Emma n

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Emma, the first thing in diagnosing problem such as yours is to have the codes read. Always. Codes will tell you what the engine computer (ECU) sees as being out of specification. Please do not throw parts at the problem as this angers the BMW gods. Have the codes read and post them here.