Thread: "Ultimate Driving Machine"... Now I see why.

My Cars
    2009 650i

"Ultimate Driving Machine"... Now I see why.

So after being stuck on Japanese cars for years due to the reliability and cheap upkeep, my friend finally talked me into a BMW. I hate admitting when I'm wrong, but I was wrong.

I set my sights on a 650i and started the hunt. I decided for the right deal, I would fly out and get it and drive it home. I wanted a Southern car for the lack of salt, but I just couldn't find one that worked.

So I find one in New Jersey and decide OK, I can deal with that as long as he garaged it. So I call and talk to him, turns out he had bought the car in Texas earlier this year, put 1k miles on it, had it serviced by BMW, put new run flats on it, had the rims resurfaced, and even gave it to me with a full tank of gas. Needed the garage space. Hell of a nice guy.

So long story long, I fly out and drive it back to Iowa and it was awesome. I feel I got a really good deal so maybe someone can chime in and let me know if that's true. I do know that when I went to the bank, they said the car booked out at 10k over what I was paying, and wanted to know if I wanted to borrow the extra money against it for other projects... No thanks, that's why I hunted for a month so I could get one that I WOULDN'T be upside down in... But thanks!

09 650i
    29,xxx miles
    Paid 29k

My Cars
    1999 M3 , 1999 328is
    Very nice! Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy!
    Current fleet:
    1999 BMW e36 M3
    1999 BMW e36 328is with rotary valve engine head
    1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
    1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator
    1962 Austin Healey Sprite

My Cars
    97 E38, 00 E39 M, 15 F25
    Nice looking car, for the mileage I think you did real well. Low mileage 09s & 10s seem to be going from the 33-36 range since I have been looking. I want a 09 or 10 as well based on the idrive short cuts, very nice car sir. Welcome and enjoy.

MODS:18' Chrome M-Pars, 6000k Xenon Lowbeams and Chromelined Headlights, 01 Tails, Clear Corners and Side Markers, Boston G2 Sub and Gt22 Amp, Dinan CAI, 20% Tint, Hardwired Passport 8500i X50 Radar, Predator Chromium DDE Angel Eyes, Tri Stitched M5 Sport Steering Wheel, MKII Navigation Retrofit, Einbach Prokit Springs, Quad Brake Light Mod, Dice MB 1500, Powder Coated Valve Covers

My Cars
    2013 E92 M3 w/competitio
    Nice car, great deal. All the best!

My Cars
    2009 650i
    Thanks guys, I am really enjoying it! I'm looking forward to learning a lot around here.