Thread: New to X5

My Cars
    1996 328i, 1991 750iL

New to X5

So my wife and I are expecting a little girl and decided to start looking for a new "family" vehicle since the 335 coupe is a little tight. We found a decent 2008 4.8l X5. I'm not new to BMW and know the routine of water pumps, faulty lights, etc. So I wasn't scared of the tiny problems the Volkswagen dealer said they "fixed"

Here is my questions start.

For an oil change is the filter under the vehicle? How many quarts does it take?

For the faulty second stage light fault, is there a found way to fix this with out replacement? I have watched hundreds of DIY fixes but never hear of how it works in the future.

The dealer says they replaced the a/c condenser. But when we test drove the vehicle we heard a hmm when the a/c was off and the blower was on. It almost sounds like the little fan in the climate controls in my first e36.

Thank you for your input good or bad. I know that the oil questions can be answered by me opening the manual.
    Life is gonna be sweet with my 750iL

My Cars
    1996 328i, 1991 750iL
    Bump ditty

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    If like the 04-06 n62 v8 engines in the e53 x5...the oil filter moved down to below the engine. A simple Google search using key words like "BMW E70 X5 oil change DIY" should find some results or a YouTube video.

As far as the number of quarts/liters...another Google search for a "bmw e70 owner's manual PDF" would get results for a downloadable manual that would have that info, too.
    Last edited by Qsilver7; 10-24-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    1996 328i, 1991 750iL
    Yeah, I found the YouTube video. I was just confirming what I had seen on the video. I found that confirming the doubted or confusing on the forums are good practice for DIY.

What about the rear adapt lights? Are those the lights in the rear hatch that are to blame or the assembly in the rear fender?

Thank you for your response. ?