Hello there

I currently own a 2012 SEAT Leon and I am going to be selling it shortly and I am in the market for a used car. Cars are really overpriced where I live, a baseline F30 costs well over 48K USD new, and the used is pretty much near that range since it's basically new over here and everyone seems to want it.

I am on a limited budget and therefore I decided that buying a used car would be a much better option for me. I looked at many cars, different brands and models, but I decided on BMW since I love my Dad's E60 - great handling, stable, good engine response on Drive Sport mode, and last but not least I love the way it looks more than the newer 5 series models.

I have narrowed down my search to two cars: BMW X1 and BMW 320i (E90).

Just to make it clear, they import the lowest engines here because of the crazy customs we have to pay (can go well over 200 - 300% if it's more than 2000cc), so the X1 is an S-Drive 18i with 150hp while the E90 320i has a 2000cc naturally aspirated engine which either produces 154 or 171 (depends on the model, if I am not mistaken), so what do you guys think?

I wanted to go for the 330i but I'd have to pay A LOT of money every year to renew the license since the car is 3000cc.

So in short, should I go for the X1 or the E90 and why? I know that it is stupid to ask such questions since cars are really preference-based, but I am looking for a car that is reliable, handles well, is stable, and can allow me to speed when I feel like it on a good road, just like the E60.

Thanks for your time.

Most important points:

1) Handling and road grip
2) Interior quality
3) Gas consumption
4) I believe the X1 has a turbo-charged engine, so turbo or naturally aspirated?

Thanks for your time, guys!