Thread: E36 problem

My Cars
    1993 BMW 316 E36

Post E36 problem

hello, good after noon.
    i dont know if im on the right section. if not please guide me cause im a newbie here.
    well.. i own this bmw E36 (1993 ) and i feel it without power. some times (when its cold) its run really good and make burnouts etc (not that much) but at least it give me some pleasure. the problem is, after some miles i notice when the rev counter is under 3k rpm it misfire and loose power. even when i start it takes some time cranking (about 10-20 engine rounds) i notice that it consumes alot of fuel too for the speed. it doesnt get a high speed aswell, and when im on a stop sign and try to give some gas to burnout it does nothing... just like an old 95 yrs old women :P. i checked it on the computer and any faults came out. i searched on the net and some forums said could be the camshaft position sensor.no over heating, no smoke, is it retarded or advanced (if there is a setting) maybe injectors? i dont know alot about bmw cuz this is my first car with ecu, computers etc... can some one give me a hint please? and sorry for my english.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    You have a 316 ... you realize it has 100 hp, correct? It feels slow because it is slow. You trying to "burnout" and what not will only break things ...

Take your car to a mechanic.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 316 E36
    thanks for your reply ..infact i have to take it, but i saw a 316 (100bhp) same as mine with many power then mine. im asking cuz i wont being stolen.. i mean if its a small thing some mechs say you have to change this and that and that...

My Cars
    VW TDI and Dodge Dart
    First - when was the last time it had the spark plugs and air filter replaced? Start with basic maintenance.
    Matt Cramer
    1997 BMW 328i convertible, 1972 Chevy C10 pickup, 1966 Dodge Dart slant six
    BMW - where "Why doesn't everybody build cars the way they do?" meets "Why can't they build a car the same way everyone else does it?"