Thread: M3 vs 350z

My Cars
    E46 M3

M3 vs 350z

Ok, so my question for everyone is which car wins this 1/4 mile race, assuming equal driver ability...
    2004 M3 with Cold air intake, kidney grill air scoop, epic motorsports race tune, bimmerworld 3.5" race exhaust, tms pulleys, solid aluminum motor and tranny mounts, and bimmerworld race shifter. Full interior, 6mt, with sticky 275 rear tires.
    Or
    2002 350z with vortech supercharger and alleged 430whp, however car does not feel THAT fast. Full interior, manual transmission.

Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar run. Guy I know keeps talking shit about bmw's and I would like to know if I should challenge him, or shut my mouth until I get 4.10 gears....

My Cars
    00 Maxima SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Green95Bimmer View Post
    Ok, so my question for everyone is which car wins this 1/4 mile race, assuming equal driver ability...
    2004 M3 with Cold air intake, kidney grill air scoop, epic motorsports race tune, bimmerworld 3.5" race exhaust, tms pulleys, solid aluminum motor and tranny mounts, and bimmerworld race shifter. Full interior, 6mt, with sticky 275 rear tires.
    Or
    2002 350z with vortech supercharger and alleged 430whp, however car does not feel THAT fast. Full interior, manual transmission.

Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar run. Guy I know keeps talking shit about bmw's and I would like to know if I should challenge him, or shut my mouth until I get 4.10 gears....
    There is only one way to find out..line them up and go for it.
    FEEDBACK THREAD
    00-03 Nissan Maxima HID Retrofit
    6th gen AV6 FX35 Retrofit
    Chassis and Suspension
    2011 Space Grey E82 N55 DCT
    2000 Sunlit Sand Maxima SE 5Spd.
    1997 Arctic Silver E36 M3/4/5.
    1997 Techno Violet E36 M3 Coupe 5Spd (SOLD).

My Cars
    1991 325i
    Yea, line em up and find out. You cant actually rule out driver error but the car only makes it possible, the driver makes it happen.
    1991 BMW 325i(Current Daily) (S52)
    I have carburetors, and I'm not afraid to use them!
    There are always other fish (engines) in the sea (Craigslist)
    Life is about enjoying the engine you are sitting behind.

My Cars
    1997 M3 Coupe
    My money would be on the Z for sure. Even if that "alleged" 430whp is only 400whp, he's still probably 70whp up on you.

I wouldn't be so quick to talk smack. Unless there is a problem with his car or driving ability, he should easily beat you.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Quote Originally Posted by Green95Bimmer View Post
    Guy I know keeps talking shit about bmw's and I would like to know if I should challenge him,...
    Find someone else and talk about a different subject.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by montaillou View Post
    Find someone else and talk about a different subject.

seriously though, this is the best advice...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    The OP wants to answer the question not avoid it. They should go to the dragstrip and see who has the best ET and trap at the end of the day or night. Based on power to weight ratio, the 350Z should win. However, there are a lot of poor running stock and modified cars out there and there is always the chance the 350Z is not making 400 rwhp or that it made the 400 rwhp on an inaccurate dyno.
    Last edited by pbonsalb; 08-13-2015 at 08:57 AM.