Thread: Coolant Leak

My Cars
    1996 328i

Coolant Leak

Hey everyone. Today I started my e36 and took it for a drive for the first time in about 1 year. I have been starting this car about every 2 weeks but not really driving it .

As I was coming back from my drive I started hearing a clunk and metal rubbing noise from the engine bay. I pulled over and noticed that the fan looked like it was slightly bent and angled towards the radiator and looked like and sound like it was rubbing against the radiator. With the car off I could not spin the fan or move it and a all the coolant was leaking out from some somewhere towards the bottom and getting on the belt causing an aweful speaking noise.

I haven't put the car in the air yet or taken it to my shop, but any ideas on what this could be so I know how much I'm going to be in for.

Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    U were lucky ,DO NOT START THIS CAR! Replace water pump at the minimum, cooling system overhaul is recommended.

My Cars
    1996 328i
    Thank you for the response. Yea I was looking at it today in the daylight and its def the water pump. Hopefully it's only that.

The car will be dollied to the shop tomorrow. Thanks again for your response.