Thread: Is this right

My Cars
    1997 Acura Integra GS-R

Is this right

Sorry to rant here, but I'm wondering if I'm being treated fairly as a tech at my dealer. I just made level 1 and this year I'll make 10k less than I made last year due to labor time cuts. Our general manager is a world class a$$hole. He intimidates his way out of giving employees raises, Discourages us from taking lunch, if we beat the time on a job he tries (has about a 99% success rate) to only give us the actual time that is clocked. He berates you if you make a mistake, but doesn't tell you the rules of how something needs to be done. He treats techs like crooks and says that we're just trying to steal from the sales dept.we have to do ALOT of work on internals for free because he says it's not fair to the sales department to charge them. I worked myself into a nervous breakdown trying to meet his standards and I'm thinking about leaving the field and do something else. What are you guys' thoughts on this guy?

My Cars
    N/a
    Doesn't sound right at all. Flat rates pay, what flat rates pay. You punch times do not need to completely cover the flat rate time, only WT. Doesn't sound like a great place to work based off of your description. You should look for another place to work.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528I
    Get the hell outta that place....sounds like your boss needs a kick in the ass. There are awesome BMW stores to work at, you just need to go to one. I'd report that jag to someone, or tell him to go fuck himself. He's just making himself look better to upper management, showing a higher profit at your expense.. BAIL OUT NOW !!

My Cars
    1997 Acura Integra GS-R
    Yeah man, I think the final straw is that now instead of using SSPS for labor times (1.5 multiplier) we have to look up KSD time and look up All Data time and pick the one that pays more.

My Cars
    Get the hell out of there ASAP. You're level 1, it won't be hard to find another dealer to work for.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician