Thread: BMW Group Announces the First Integration of EnLighten App?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post BMW Group Announces the First Integration of EnLighten App?

The BMW Group announced today that it is the first manufacturer to bring the EnLighten App, by Connected Signals, into the car.

More...

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    "The EnLighten app shows the current status of the traffic light in front of the car in real time as well as a countdown to when the signal will change. Based on the current vehicle position, as well as its speed, the EnLighten app offers a recommendation about whether or not to stop for the traffic light or proceed through. An audio alert notifies the driver about a pending change in the signal they are approaching."

Could someone explained the bold print, above, to me? I'd be pretty annoyed if a car in front of me decided to stop for a green light. I gotta be missing the intent.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    z3
    It's so if you are coming up on a red light with no traffic in front of you and it is about to turn green it tells you not to slow down

At least I assume as much. It would certainly never tell you to stop for a green light

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    It's so if you are coming up on a red light with no traffic in front of you and it is about to turn green it tells you not to slow down
    Sounds like a great way to get into an accident with people trying to catch the light. I think I'd rather the driver be looking at the intersection to decide if it's safe to proceed.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    Retarded technology... The should have a needle in the seat and a camera pointed at the driver so when they text ad drive they get stuck with a needle ... Yey BMW .. Roll eyes and how may other people run yellow lights and then it turns red before they get into the intersection. Can't wait for lawsuits to reign down from this crap app
    Last edited by modular93fox; 07-28-2015 at 11:24 PM.
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped