Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Running K1s on e39

My Cars
    e28, Spec3, M3, M3, ZHP

Running K1s on e39

I've got a set of K1s that I was thinking of running on my e39 wagon and have been reading a lot of info on the chamfer/spacer issues with adding the K1s. I bought a set of adapters from a friend of mine and looking at the fronts, they seem to be VAC spacers, but are approximately 13mm.

From looking at the VAC site, here is what I'm using.

https://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac...5mm-p3461.aspx

From looking at the picture posted, it looks like the 72.5 side would not fit correctly into the K1 wheel center.

Has anyone had any experience with these or if these K1s will work?

Thanks!
    Andrew Elmore

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    The center bore on the wheel is 72.5 as they are drilled for the 3 Series. You would need to drill the wheel out to make it fit on the E39. This will lower the loaf capacity of the wheel but I do not know by how much. The max load without drilling is 1430 lbs per wheel.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

My Cars
    e28, Spec3, M3, M3, ZHP
    Thanks Jim. I've got the adapters from VAC that convert the 74mm hub to the 72.5mm...my concern is with the shape of the bore on the K1 working with the VAC adapter which is also a 13mm spacer.
    Andrew Elmore

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    The spacer sounds like it will work. They are taking the E39 center bore down to the 3 Series center bore. The 13mm will put the offset at 27mm so you will have to check to see if that is low enough.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

My Cars
    AP1 S2000, '03 525it
    i run 8.5+20 up front and 9.5+30 on my e39 wagon. depending on the width of the K1s, you should be alright. if you do end up having a clearance issue, it will likely be on the inside of the fender well and not the outside.

i'm 100% confident i could run the 9.5+20 front and rear and not have problems.

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    I agree, With the higher offset the issue would be on the inside.

My Cars
    e28, Spec3, M3, M3, ZHP
    These are the 8.5" wheels and i've got spacers already to take care of the higher +44 or so standard e36 offset. Thanks guys for the reassurance!
    Andrew Elmore