Thread: Track pipe - Bimmerworld Vs. AA

My Cars
    '93 325is, '05 Accent

Track pipe: Bimmerworld vs. AA

Hey guys,
    Im in the market for a track pipe for my '93 325is. Stock m50 except for a confront chip, intake, and AA catback. Im torn between the AA track pipe and the Bimmerworld unit. There aren't many power figures out there for the m50. Im assuming maybe 10-15, only because I have the chip tuned for an exhaust/intake.
    AA:
    http://www.turnermotorsport.com/show...tic-converters

Bimmerworld:
    http://store.bimmerworld.com/bimmerw...low-p2330.aspx

Im curious to hear from anybody who has either one. Thanks!

My Cars
    Estoril M3/4/5
    I have the BW track exhaust on my M3 and I love it. For the price, you cant get anything custom made for cheaper unless you know how to weld and fabricate yourself.

I dont have any before and after dynos but I wouldn't count on any significant power added by just the exhaust.

I wouldn't recommend this for a daily driver as it is quite loud even with the resonator.

My Cars
    '93 325is, '05 Accent
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindTheCones View Post
    I have the BW track exhaust on my M3 and I love it. For the price, you cant get anything custom made for cheaper unless you know how to weld and fabricate yourself.

I dont have any before and after dynos but I wouldn't count on any significant power added by just the exhaust.

I wouldn't recommend this for a daily driver as it is quite loud even with the resonator.
    So you have the one that is the full midpipe and catback section correct? Thanks for the reply!

My Cars
    e28, Spec3, M3, M3, ZHP
    I actually have one of each. I have the AA sections A and B connected to a borla "catback" section. The installs for both were equal in the amount of effort required to install, but the one perk of the AA is that you can reuse your existing catback as the midsection is set up to bolt into a stock style catback.

IIRC however, the BW trackpipe has everything you need to go from headers back, but you might need to get downpipe section from the headers to the midsection and then out the back. Just make sure you are looking at the total package as I think for a similar configuration, the prices ended up not being too far off. Don't hold me to that as its been quite a while since I looked, but just something to double check when making your decision. I do love the sound of the full BW race pipe, but it is loud.
    Andrew Elmore

My Cars
    '93 325is, '05 Accent
    Quote Originally Posted by VaTechE36 View Post
    I actually have one of each. I have the AA sections A and B connected to a borla "catback" section. The installs for both were equal in the amount of effort required to install, but the one perk of the AA is that you can reuse your existing catback as the midsection is set up to bolt into a stock style catback.

IIRC however, the BW trackpipe has everything you need to go from headers back, but you might need to get downpipe section from the headers to the midsection and then out the back. Just make sure you are looking at the total package as I think for a similar configuration, the prices ended up not being too far off. Don't hold me to that as its been quite a while since I looked, but just something to double check when making your decision. I do love the sound of the full BW race pipe, but it is loud.
    Thank you! The midpipe I was looking at from bimmerworld claims it will work with a stock style catback as well. I believe it is just the resonated section of their full track pipe, but cut at the end to allow a normal catback style muffler. So I would be using either one I get with my current AA GenIII style catback.

My Cars
    AW E92 M3 Competition
    Interested as well since I'm in the same predicament... Subbed..
    Alex

[SIZE=1]BMWCCA# 368302

My Cars
    '93 325is, '05 Accent
    I like Bimmerworld as a company, and the fact that they use american products as well as the unit being made in America. I just want to make sure fitment is ok. Im waiting for the 4th of July to see if there are any good sales they come out with. Unless Turner beats their price by $100 I will be going with Bimmerworld. I know a lot of the mid-atlantic guys use bimmerworld stuff, so I know there are some out there.

My Cars
    AW E92 M3 Competition
    It looks like a nice piece and good bang for the buck. .. like you said it was insuring fitment was good and if any dynos had been done on an m50... it's amazing how restrictive the factory system is on these cars. .. not to mention I'm at 229k and I would imagine the factory setup has to be clogged up some.
    Alex

[SIZE=1]BMWCCA# 368302

My Cars
    Estoril M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by NJohc View Post
    So you have the one that is the full midpipe and catback section correct? Thanks for the reply!
    I have the full kit. The Y-pipe and 3" single exhaust. It goes from the headers back.

My Cars
    '93 325is, '05 Accent
    Quote Originally Posted by purplem3pursuit View Post
    It looks like a nice piece and good bang for the buck. .. like you said it was insuring fitment was good and if any dynos had been done on an m50... it's amazing how restrictive the factory system is on these cars. .. not to mention I'm at 229k and I would imagine the factory setup has to be clogged up some.
    Exactly! Im at 257k with unknown rebuild history. Ill take what I can get at this point. I know the spece36 guys run something similar, but I dont think they usually dyno those cars.

My Cars
    95m3/97m345/powerstroke
    I have the aa track pipe and aa catback. Its not too loud until about 4000 rpms and up. Even then pretty sure its not as loud as the bimmerworld race. If i were to do it again I would go with the bimmerworld. You can choose if you want to run the resonator or not and its def lighter. I already had the catback is why I chose the track pipe. If you do get the track pipe get it from turner (cheaper by far than anywhere else)

Edit : I thought you were talking about the bimmerworld full race exhaust. whoops
    Last edited by Pat533i; 06-30-2015 at 04:44 PM.

My Cars
    '93 325is, '05 Accent
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat533i View Post
    I have the aa track pipe and aa catback. Its not too loud until about 4000 rpms and up. Even then pretty sure its not as loud as the bimmerworld race. If i were to do it again I would go with the bimmerworld. You can choose if you want to run the resonator or not and its def lighter. I already had the catback is why I chose the track pipe. If you do get the track pipe get it from turner (cheaper by far than anywhere else)

Edit : I thought you were talking about the bimmerworld full race exhaust. whoops
    I follow you guys on instagram. Any youtube vids of the car where I can get an idea of sound? That would be my exact setup, just with a wimpier engine.

My Cars
    95m3/97m345/powerstroke
    Haha I thought your car looked familiar! Youtube is being weird and not letting me upload anything. Im still trying and ill let you know if successful.

Maybe a trip down to jersey for some autocross is in the future !

My Cars
    '93 325is, '05 Accent
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat533i View Post
    Haha I thought your car looked familiar! Youtube is being weird and not letting me upload anything. Im still trying and ill let you know if successful.

Maybe a trip down to jersey for some autocross is in the future !
    lol sounds good. Youtube sucks to upload anything honestly. And its unfortunate you guys are so far. I told Jay the same thing, we're having a 2-day "Battle at the Bay" at our Bader Field location in Atlantic City on the 11-12th. You pick teams of 2-5 drivers and the team with the best overall PAX wins $200. Sucks it's such a hike for you guys.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe
    I've had both and AA was better with a street set up (I had the Stromung tail end with the AA and it was a great more mellow sound, not as loud...), Bimmerworld as a race set up (lighter, v-clamps...), but I doubt there is much difference in hp. Neither one will fit all cars perfectly, you may have to beat on it a little!

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 DINAN S3
    i've got TMS shorty headers, AA track pipe and dinan V2. All fits up well, not too loud but the S/C does make a little bit of difference.
    Andrew:
    1995: Avus

///Supercharged 95 Club

My Cars
    944 Turbo
    Buy the made in america Magnaflow part. AA is marked up Taiwan.

My Cars
    95m3/97m345/powerstroke
    lol sounds good. Youtube sucks to upload anything honestly. And its unfortunate you guys are so far. I told Jay the same thing, we're having a 2-day "Battle at the Bay" at our Bader Field location in Atlantic City on the 11-12th. You pick teams of 2-5 drivers and the team with the best overall PAX wins $200. Sucks it's such a hike for you guys.
    I think we are going to MPact that weekend. I would be up for something like that in the fall, I'm not afraid of a weekend trip.

My vote for the exhaust is to sell the catback and buy the whole header back race system from bimmerworld!

My Cars
    '93 325is, '05 Accent
    I wound up going with the bimmerworld midpipe. I got it for more than $100 cheaper than I would have the AA track pipe, and I wanted the American quality from the Bimmerworld piece anyway. Hopefully it will show up in time to be installed for the next autox.

My Cars
    '93 325is, '05 Accent
    I wound up going with the bimmerworld midpipe. I got it for more than $100 cheaper than I would have the AA track pipe, and I wanted the American quality from the Bimmerworld piece anyway. Hopefully it will show up in time to be installed for the next autox.
    Received/installed it today. Its makes a glorious sound for an m50, and its also a very high quality piece. All hand welded, beautiful work, and American made. It may be my favorite thing about my car now. My first impressions were that it almost sounded like a Nissan VQ engine, but once it gets above 4500 it just wails! There is a noticeable hiccup around 2000ish rpm. And it only happens in 1st gear. Id imagine it needs a retune, as my conforti chip is known to be very mild. Im going to find out what the spec e36 guys run and probably give that a try.

It sounds glorious but it's also gloriously slow. Such is life with a 2.5
    Last edited by NJohc; 07-08-2015 at 11:42 PM.