Thread: 1997 BMW 318i Over Heating 86K

My Cars
    1997 BMW 318i

1997 BMW 318i Over Heating 86K

Haven't posted in a while because I haven't had issues with my car since I bought it new in 1997. I have 86K miles and I am having over heating issues. This is what I have done so far.

1. Pulled the [COLOR=red !important][COLOR=red !important]radiator[/COLOR][/COLOR] washed and flushed.
    2. Pulled the [COLOR=red !important][COLOR=red !important]water [COLOR=red !important]pump[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] no play in it so I put it back in. It's original with a metal impeller.
    3. Replaced [COLOR=red !important][COLOR=red !important]thermostat[/COLOR][/COLOR].
    4. Replaced [COLOR=red !important][COLOR=red !important]antifreeze[/COLOR][/COLOR].

After all this was completed still over heating. I've noticed while running upper radiator [COLOR=red !important][COLOR=red !important]hose[/COLOR][/COLOR] gets hot to the point that its to hot to grab and squeeze but the lower hose stays cool with no pressure. Also hoses going to [COLOR=red !important][COLOR=red !important]heater[/COLOR][/COLOR] core are cool and obviously no heat.

I pulled the brand [COLOR=red !important][COLOR=red !important]new [COLOR=red !important]thermostat[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] put it in a pot of boiling water and it does not open. Thinking that the thermostat is the problem.

What is direction the of [COLOR=red !important][COLOR=red !important]coolant[/COLOR][/COLOR] flow? Anyone have a chart?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    Pete

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Replace the thermostat. It didn't open.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 318i
    Thanks