Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Pic request: TRMotorsports FF10 wheel in 17x9, preferably on an E36

My Cars
    '98 M3

Pic request: TRMotorsports FF10 wheel in 17x9, preferably on an E36

I"m considering the TRMotorsport FF10 from Tire Rack for my E36 M3, and would like to see pictures, specifically in 17x9. Does anybody have these and can post pics? I would appreciate it very much.

For reference, here is the link to the wheel's listing on TR:

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gara...t+Grey+Painted

I want to see if this wheel looks like the discontinued MT1-R, which I personally really liked and wish was still for sale. There's a strong resemblance, but the stock pic on TR's website seems like a small diameter offering (like a 15"). Google image search turned up a set of 17s on a Fiesta ST, and that's it:

http://fiestast.net/threads/tr-motor...n-a-fist.1894/

There it looks very much like the MT1-R, but I'd like to have a better look if at all possible.

Jim@TireRack, can you help? The TireRack website doesn't have the "See on vehicle" feature anymore, sadly.

Thanks very much in advance.

My Cars
    E36 328is
    I wanted to bump this up. This is a really intriguing wheel. And now that Tirerack has it in stock, I'm hoping that we will begin to see pictures of it on BMWs.

The offset is a little big for a 17x9 at +45 and that is annoying to me. I would guess if you are going to mount your average 245/40/17 then you will need at least a 10 or 15mm spacer on a lowered E36. But I would really like to hear what Jim@tirerack has to say about the fitment they are seeing on the E36 with these wheels.

I did manage to find a thread on another car forum where someone has posted a picture of these wheels in this exact (claimed) size/offset, however are not mounted on any car. The pictures give an idea of how the wheels look at an oblique angle.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2015-sti...r-brembos.html
    Last edited by tdm E36; 07-24-2015 at 02:43 PM.

My Cars
    2001 330Ci
    I want to see these too!

My Cars
    Estoril M3/4/5
    Bump for pic of this wheel on an E36.

My Cars
    '98 M3
    I came across these wheels in a tire test video from Tire Rack. At least I believe they're FF10s in the video. They're in the actual tire test rolling footage, and they're on F30s, but there are views of it from multiple angles, and in more BMW-appropriate configurations:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....es#testResults

My Cars
    bmw
    I'm currently mounting a square set of FF10 9" wheels with 255 tires on my e36. I only got 2-the other 2 were backordered, but hopefully will have them next week. I haven't had the car on the ground yet, so don't know about fender clearance yet( I expect I'll need to roll). I'm using a 12.5mm spacer in front with my GC coilovers and they clear just fine- one could maybe do it with a 10 mm spacer. I have found an issue with the spacer not seating completely within the wheel as it bottoms out on a "lip" inside the center bore. I'll post up some pics after I get that resolved.
    Last edited by drken; 09-25-2015 at 05:29 PM. Reason: clarity

My Cars
    E36 328is
    that is an interesting issue you are describing with the spacers. What brand of spacers do you have? Do you think the hub part of the spacer is unusually long on your particular spacers, or is the bore within the wheel shorter than what we see on most aftermarket wheels? Have you talked to tirerack about the issue?

My Cars
    bmw
    I checked yesterday, and found that it only affected one of the (2) wheels, so I assume it was a small machining or casting issue. The spacers are Turner 12.5 mm. I'll be sure to check the other 2 wheels when they arrive (hopefully this week). Haven't talked to Tire Rack- it was so easy to resolve myself-took about 30 seconds with a die grinder to trim the lip a little. After I check for the issue on the next 2 wheels, I'll contact them.
    Ken

My Cars
    E36 328is
    thanks for sharing this info with us. I am anxious to see these wheels mounted on an E36.

I do have another question:

I understand that these wheels come from tirerack with some wheel bolts, correct? Do you know if they are longer than stock bolts? Are they long enough to use with your 12.5mm spacers, or are they too short for that?

My Cars
    bmw
    Here are the pics I just took. PLEASE NOTE: This is a square setup (all 9" wheels) for the track. The car is set with a lot of negative camber at the moment, so it looks like there is plenty of room for the fronts. However, with the fronts set at my street setting (about -1.2 degrees each side) the front fenders needed rolling. Also, I am using a 12.5 mm spacer up front, necessary to clear the strut body (GC coilovers). Using offset LCABs in front, so the wheel is positioned forward in the wheel well. I ran a track day yesterday, and only had a small rub on the inner wheel well on left rear tire. Easy fix with a little hammer work. No problems with the most recently received two wheels with the interfering "lip" mentioned in my earlier post.
    DSCF1847.jpgDSCF1848.jpgDSCF1849.jpgDSCF1850.jpgDSCF1851.jpg

My Cars
    '98 M3
    Thank you very much for posting pics! Also appreciate the first-hand fitment info.

The wheels indeed look very similar to the old MT1-R, and in this size look very different than in Tire Rack's stock pictures. Love them on an E36, they look great! And with their light weight they're a good value, IMHO.

My Cars
    04 330xi, 98 M3/4/5
    Anyone else order these in the past couple months?
    [2004 330xi/6] Orient/Natural :: 117-142k :: ZSP :: ZPP :: ZCW
    [1998 M3/4/5] Cosmos/Black :: 113-125k :: TCKline D/A (500/600) :: GC Plates :: RD Sways :: GC Rear Arms :: ZHP Rack :: 3.64 Diffsonline :: PF FCAB :: BW RTAB :: AKG Subframe :: TMS Pulleys :: AA & Borla :: XBrace :: TRM C2s :: BW lines :: DTC60 :: Safety Equipment

Past:
    [1995 M3] Avus/Dove :: 141-242k :: S52 OBDI :: M50 manifold :: 3.5 HFM :: Turner Chip :: XBrace :: SS Lines :: Turner RTABS :: Vogtland CS :: Bilstein Sport :: Z3 rack
    [1999 M3] Cosmos/Black :: 65-87k :: TCKline S/A (400/500) :: Turner plates :: UUC Front Sway :: PF RTABs :: AA Intake :: Borla :: XBrace :: TRM C2s :: CL RC6E :: Safety Equipment
    [1993 325is] Brilliant/Black :: 135-139k :: Bilstein sports :: Eibach sways and springs :: Dinan camber plates and chip :: Borla :: LSD

[1983 320i] Safari/Brownish :: 219-242k :: homebrew CAI :: some rust :: multicolor body panels

MINIz guy is offline #buttstuff2k14 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    rolls coal
    Anybody have a picture of the wheel to strut clearance?

I have an 8" front spring on my coilovers, and I'm worried that I won't clear the spring perch even with a 12.5mm spacer due to the 6.7" backspacing.

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5, 1995 Miata
    Considering picking up a set of 17x9 FF10. Wondering if anyone else has picked these up and is running them. Would likely run 245/40 tires all around.
    Trust me......I'm an engineer

My Cars
    94e36M3RIP, 95 318 S50
    With the 17x9 and 255/40 tires did you need a rear spacer? What 255 tires are you using? I'm thinking of getting re71 so they will run wider than a more street tire.

My Cars
    bmw
    Quote Originally Posted by guymandude View Post
    With the 17x9 and 255/40 tires did you need a rear spacer? What 255 tires are you using? I'm thinking of getting re71 so they will run wider than a more street tire.
    No spacer needed in rear, but I did hammer in a small area of the inner fender well to eliminate rub on the inside of rear tire. I'm running RE71R tires.

My Cars
    94e36M3RIP, 95 318 S50
    Quote Originally Posted by drken View Post
    No spacer needed in rear, but I did hammer in a small area of the inner fender well to eliminate rub on the inside of rear tire. I'm running RE71R tires.
    Thanks. I think I'm going to use the same setup for autocross next season