Thread: Jalopnik has picked up the epic story of the *sshat Bimmerforums member "Don Corns"

My Cars
    '97 M3/4, '95 M3, '04 E55

Jalopnik has picked up the epic story of the *sshat Bimmerforums member "Don Corns"

I don't know why the mods closed the thread - this has got to be one of the top five threads of all time on Bimmerforums. I'm still not sure it isn't a prank post - the douchery is just too good to be true.

But anyway - we're famous!

http://jalopnik.com/ultimate-level-b...-pi-1713911021

My Cars
    1991 325i
    Great, another idiot to make us all look bad.
    1991 BMW 325i(Current Daily) (S52)
    I have carburetors, and I'm not afraid to use them!
    There are always other fish (engines) in the sea (Craigslist)
    Life is about enjoying the engine you are sitting behind.

My Cars
    98 M3
    I don't think anyone with a brain uses him as indicative of "us."
    Congrats Don Corns, the whole world knows what an idiot you are!

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    04 330ci 6spd
    We on TV

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    After reading the original thread, I figured it could've been worse.

He could've been driving a z4.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    2004 330Ci
    Link to original thread?

My Cars
    97 E38, 00 E39 M, 15 F25
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmansM View Post
    Link to original thread?
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ing-lot-mayhem

Fun read, enjoy

MODS:18' Chrome M-Pars, 6000k Xenon Lowbeams and Chromelined Headlights, 01 Tails, Clear Corners and Side Markers, Boston G2 Sub and Gt22 Amp, Dinan CAI, 20% Tint, Hardwired Passport 8500i X50 Radar, Predator Chromium DDE Angel Eyes, Tri Stitched M5 Sport Steering Wheel, MKII Navigation Retrofit, Einbach Prokit Springs, Quad Brake Light Mod, Dice MB 1500, Powder Coated Valve Covers

My Cars
    04 330i zhp; 06 Cooper S
    I have not been so simultaneously amused and horrified since Breaking Bad went off the air. I am also disappointed that the thread was locked before we got the promised update from Don after he goes to the police with his pictures. What a thing of beauty. A criminal who confesses and brings copious evidence and brags about it on the internet. You just can't make this up. I kept picturing Don as one of the Canadians on South Park, with his head popping off when he talks.

He has diminished all of us as BMW drivers, since we all share some of the karmic blow back whenever another BMW driver acts like that. Based on how he parks and talks, he must be a thoughtful, skilled and considerate driver, right?

He has also diminished all his fellow Canadians, even Rush, by proving that they are at least capable of being terrible people. I only hope he is not and never will be a father.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    I don't assign personal meaning or feel diminished myself just because a douche bag may drive the same car or live in the same country. They come in all shapes, sizes, colors, like all types of music, and drive all types of cars.
    When you step on the brakes, your life is in your foot's hands.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    He is definitely a douche, but honestly, while I would not go the length he did, or do anything, it is clear that there are plenty of open spots in that parking lot. I have not taken up multiple spots myself in the past, but I was parked in a corner spot away from everyone else in the past, and there would be cars that would come and park right next to me.

Hard to agree with mr Don Corns or whatever, but lets be real, the truck driver is also a prick and a half. Id understand if the parking lot was full, but it clearly isn't, so he was looking for a fight, or some sort of confrontation. This is really a case of two assholes finding each other.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    2001 Z3 Roadster
    There were guys I used to hang out with back in my military days that would have keyed the bmw or any car for parking like that. If you park like that in up front spots, expect someone to piss you off.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyClarkson View Post
    We on TV
    Jezza, is that you? This is o'cock- er .... I mean Capt' Slow.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Quote Originally Posted by Migou View Post
    There were guys I used to hang out with back in my military days that would have keyed the bmw or any car for parking like that. If you park like that in up front spots, expect someone to piss you off.
    Because that is somehow less douchebaggery than taking up 2 spots in an empty parking lot?

If you look around the pic in the article, and original thread, the e38 is parked in a pretty empty section, and next to a bin anyways. He is a moron for taking a bat to the truck, but the truck driver isn't exactly some innocent victim, he went looking for a fight, and he pretty much got one. This is a pretty clear case of two idiots meeting each other through their mutual douchebaggery. While it is never ok to take a bat to someone's car, I would say the story would be different if it was a full parking lot, and he took up 2 spots, but in an otherwise empty parking lot? What the hell is the point?

In the parking structure at my work, the roof is usually pretty empty, but it isn't entirely covered, only sections. So you see plenty of people taking up several spots keeping their car in the shade, but most of the spots remain empty. I really don't see this being an issue if there aren't a lot of cars. If he is preventing another vehicle from parking there though, different story.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe1O1 View Post
    He is a moron for taking a bat to the truck, but the truck driver isn't exactly some innocent victim, he went looking for a fight, and he pretty much got one. This is a pretty clear case of two idiots meeting each other through their mutual douchebaggery. What the hell is the point?
    This sums it up very well. What the hell is the point? A couple idiots trying to be tough guys and both coming out as even bigger idiots.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    Fixing an M3
    Just to toss in .02 to Mr. Corns' original question, assuming it's not just rhetoric, on the civil side he is 100% liable for all physical damage to the truck, and he's probably liable for incidental and consequential damages, too (if the truck is a work truck and is out of service for the repairs, the loss of use is a calculable sum for damages, as well as the cost of a replacement vehicle during the time the damaged one is laid up). In some states of the US he could easily be held liable for punitive damages since he damaged the truck willfully and with the intention to damage it. In either the US or Canada he may also be charged with a potential passel of crimes, assuming that the truck owner wants to press charges, and if he has a history of criminal activity he might get charged regardless what the truck owner wants to do. Whether civil or criminal, he has no arguably legal defense for what he did.

Like the rest of you, I'm hoping he's making this up. I'm working on fixing an E46 M3 I bought following a wreck (haven't owned a BMW previously) and the perspective of too many people is already too negative about BMW owners/drivers. (That's what's really ironic, the bias is there even if all you did was borrow a friend's car to drive somewhere...weird).

And I have to say, for all of the blood, sweat, tears and money I'm going to pour into the M3, even after all that I don't think I'd take up two parking places, but if I did, I'd laugh my butt off if I came out and saw that truck's parking job in response.
    Last edited by Uzziah; 06-29-2015 at 08:18 PM.