Thread: Alarm indicator light not flashing

My Cars
    2009 BMW 328xi

Alarm indicator light not flashing

Hi There, New user and new 328xi owner here. Just bought a 2009 yesterday so I will have a pile of questions to come. The first one is, my alarm indicator globe on the rear view mirror is not flashing when locking the doors. I'm not even sure if the alarm is working. Is there anyway to test this, maybe just a bad bulb?? Any info would be great.
    Thanks

My Cars
    Your car probably doesn't have an alarm.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2009 BMW 328xi
    Is there anyway I can find out for sure? Pretty much every vehicle made in the past 10 years has some type of theft deterrent device. I find it hard to believe this car with just about every option available does not have a factory alarm.
    Thanks

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Roll down one of the front windows, and lock the car. Wait 30 seconds. Then, wave your arm inside the cabin. If nothing happens you don't have an alarm. The car does have an anti-theft system: random codes in the locking system.

My Cars
    2009 BMW 328xi
    Thanks Marco, I did that and nothing happened however I looked up the vin and "preparation alarm system" is listed in the options column. I'm guessing that means pre wired for alarm. Not a big deal. Just bought the car and playing around with finding the hidden features. I had an 06 X5 4.8is that had a ton of cool hidden features. Hoping I'll find some of the same on this car.
    Last edited by Franksauto; 06-28-2015 at 07:04 AM.