Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My battery died on my 2007 BMW 328i and now it won't start

My Cars
    Lol.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    z3
    Get the battery tested at Autozone if you really want to be cheap about it. They can tell you if it's dead or not. But per your original question there is no "code" or anything you can enter to reset it... if the battery is dead, it's dead, no easy way around it...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    07' BMW 328i
    @ Stück - I will try and replace the battery, i just thought there was a way to salvage the old battery to save money. I didn't know BMW batteries were so sensitive this is another reason i hate BMW's. OK THANKS for explaining yourself so it makes more sense. I'll just have to wait another two weeks for me to get paid till i can get another battery, until then looks like I'm on foot.
    Last edited by sugarhappy01; 06-29-2015 at 06:09 PM.

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    There is nothing magical about BMW batteries, they are the same lead acid construction (save for AGM applications) that every other manufacturer uses. Batteries have a life span, and temperature extremes be it cold or hot will serve to hasten their death.

I believe your car uses a Group 48 battery. They should be available at any auto parts store for $100-150 depending on brand. Buy where its is convenient because really only 2 companies manufacture 95% of all the private label batteries in the US anyway.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

My Cars
    1992 525i, 2007 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarhappy01 View Post
    @ Stück - I will try and replace the battery, i just thought there was a way to salvage the old battery to save money. I didn't know BMW batteries were so sensitive this is another reason i hate BMW's. OK THANKS for explaining yourself so it makes more sense. I'll just have to wait another two weeks for me to get paid till i can get another battery, until then looks like I'm on foot.
    Since you are so adamant about trying to save the battery, why don't you have it tested first. Free at Autozone.

My Cars
    07' BMW 328i
    @ cheech1 - I did have it tested and they said the battery was good! So at this point im stuck at what to do im wondering if it may be the starter. I also heard that BMW has to send a signal from a satellite to reset it when your car dies, idk if its true.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 540i 6 spd
    Hey while you guys are arguing back and forth about who is the richest this poor Canuck is trying to make a "post' or whatever has to be done. have a 1997 BMW 540i and "I" lost the only key!!! So I ordered and received a new one from the local dealer (420 km away) . Anyway it works opened the doors etc but also set the alarm and I guess activated the kill switch because with the key in the ignition it will not start not even turn over???? My son says I have to reset the alarm!!! The problem I think I may have is the key I lost was a remote key and the one I ordered through the dealer is just a regular key>> So my question is "HELp| lol. Is there a way to either reset the alarm or just disarm it completely. I just want to get the damn thing running. I love the car it has style and personality!!!!!!!!!!

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb232323 View Post
    Hey while you guys are arguing back and forth about who is the richest this poor Canuck is trying to make a "post' or whatever has to be done. have a 1997 BMW 540i and "I" lost the only key!!! So I ordered and received a new one from the local dealer (420 km away) . Anyway it works opened the doors etc but also set the alarm and I guess activated the kill switch because with the key in the ignition it will not start not even turn over???? My son says I have to reset the alarm!!! The problem I think I may have is the key I lost was a remote key and the one I ordered through the dealer is just a regular key>> So my question is "HELp| lol. Is there a way to either reset the alarm or just disarm it completely. I just want to get the damn thing running. I love the car it has style and personality!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey genius. Make your own thread welcome to the forum
    Lol this thread
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    1995 BMW 540i 6 spd
    WTF I still can't post my problem help!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I need to reset the alarm on my 1995 540i. I got a new key but it is not the "remote" key and whenever I open the door the alarm sounds. Put the key in the ignition and nothing, !! I'm told I need to reset the alarm and to lock and unlock the door!!! Tried that didn't work..........now what. Apparently there is a "blue fuse'" somewhere under the back seat but I am cautious to pull that in case I cause more problems. Any suggestions from the experts????? Ha ha I cannot even post a message so somehow got in using another post???? Duhhhh Canuks eh?? he he

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12