Thread: The All-New BMW X1

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post The All-New BMW X1

Today, BMW announced the all-new BMW X1 Sports Activity Vehicle. In its second generation, the new MY 2016 BMW X1 builds on the success of its predecessor (61,974 sold in the US to date) by incorporating a roomier interior, greater efficiency and technology on the forefront of innovation.

More...

My Cars
    E39,W124

My Cars
    02 530i 05 156SW 05 166
    Well, looks better than the outgoing shape.

My Cars
    E30 (Delores), W123
    It's a great looking car. But I really like the current X1 because it's got a scrappy charm to it. The old one is not exactly pretty, but is cool in it's own way, and is the only RWD car in its segment (and price point). This new one looks much more predictable.

My Cars
    z3
    Certainly looks a lot better than the old one! The old one to me always looked like a bloated 1 series - as I think it was intended to look like. This one however looks more like a smaller X5 to me which is a nice look imo. And if that interior is an available production interior, with the stitching and everything everywhere, that is really phenomenal. If it is priced within a stones throw of the current X1 I expect it to sell well.

People will say what they will but I'm really starting to rather like BMW's newer designs. Saw a 4 series gran coupe in person the other day and really liked it (made me wonder why they even made the 3 series design...)

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    E39,W124

The Ultimate Driving Машин

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    Quote Originally Posted by russoturristo View Post

"All-wheel drive will offered on a number of the aforementioned variants but, since the model rides on the UKL platform, sDrive models will have front-wheel drive."

The engine appears to be transversely mounted ... (Pic was too large to upload)

http://www.bmwusanews.com/image-gall...ryId=550&mid=1
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.

My Cars
    02 530i 05 156SW 05 166
    Quote Originally Posted by Critter7r View Post
    "All-wheel drive will offered on a number of the aforementioned variants but, since the model rides on the UKL platform, sDrive models will have front-wheel drive."

The engine appears to be transversely mounted ... (Pic was too large to upload)

http://www.bmwusanews.com/image-gall...ryId=550&mid=1
    Uhhh :/

Well I guess that suits the sort of folks that would likely buy the X1.

Still, a shame to see the expansion of there FWD range...