Thread: X5 35D Rising oil level and oil analysis

My Cars
    2009 X5 35D

X5 35D Rising oil level and oil analysis

Hello friends, Vehicle is 2009 X5 35D with 94000 kms (canadian).Bought it last year CPO from the dealer and had 75000 kms.I changed my oil (put castrol slx professional 5w30 from the dealer) at around 86000 kms as per Idrive's notification.At that time i think oil had around 18000 kms (11000 miles).While changing oil i noticed that oil level was around 4~5mm (3/16") higher than the max mark but i never got high oil level warning from the oil sensor.I sent oil for analysis and it showed high iron and they tested fuel dilution 1%.But lab used just flash test which i think is not accurate way of testing.

So after running around 6300 kms(4000 miles) i took a sample from dipstick and sent it for analysis again.This time i asked for Gas chromatography fuel dilution test and it came with 6.3 % of diesel dilution and iron content of 58 in the oil just after running 4000 miles.I am suspecting problem with injectors or high pressure pump leaking diesel into the oil.Any suggestions please? CPO expiring in september this year. thanks

Report is showing my previous test as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My Cars
    2009 X5 35D
    Dealer suspected HPFP leaking diesel into the oil via its shaft into the oil and replaced the High pressure fuel pump.Will monitor the level again.

My Cars
    '03 Ram 3500, 2004 Civic
    Hi,

Yeah it sure sounds like a fuel getting into the oil sort of problem. I hope that solves it for you.