Thread: Anyone else with a 95 coded off their Parking Lights? Miffed

My Cars
    1995 730iL (M60B30)

Anyone else with a 95 coded off their Parking Lights? Miffed

Hey guys,

Title's pretty obvious I guess, wanted to post this here and not the coding subforum as it's more or less E38 specific. I've been coding off cold bulb checks the other day and all went smoothly. No more flashing HID's or license plate bulbs, so I was able to ditch the error cancellers and resistors finally, tidying things up a bit. Thing is, for the life of me I can NOT find where to code off my parking lights cold bulb check... Now, when I say parking lights, I mean the 'euro' equivalent - the small T10 wedge bulb that sits in the high beam housing, not the side indicators that light up like on the USA cars I believe.

It's worth noting, I have a 95 build E38 so I only have a 'Lamp Module' (LM) and not the 'Light Check Module' (LCM) like everything else has. I got a bit frustrated and coded off EVERY cold bulb check in the LM via NCS juuuust in case it's some weird shared function with another bulb (like fog lights or something) and yet still, the parking lights flash every few seconds from the cold bulb check... argh!

Has ANYONE else coded off these light's cold check on their E38, and for the life of me, can you tell me what module the coding option for them is stored in?! It's driving me nuts!!

My Cars
    07/97 740i
    I dont know if this would make a difference but, i think those are called 'daytime running lights' or 'drls'.

My Cars
    2x01 750, 01 740
    No, they're called "city lights".
    See my E38 parts for sale on eBay: click here!
    PM me here for a 5% discount on any of them!

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    In most BMW modules, they're called "standlicht" or "SL"

If the line isn't there, it's either something you can't disable or it's hidden in one of the unoccupied values

My Cars
    1995 730iL (M60B30)
    Ohhhh, Standing Lights? I actually found a string buried in the LM for 'standing lights' but it was... wrong. Hard to explain, but I kind of glossed it over because NCS Dummy wasn't playing ball on that setting. Might need to be manually edited in the trace file before I program it. Interesting, I'll check it out asap, thank you!

Thinking about it, it kind of makes sense. Parked = standing, standing lights = parking lights. Bet you a dollar that's it haha.