Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: New E30 owner looking for some new shoes

My Cars
    1987 BMW 325

New E30 owner looking for some new shoes

Hey Guys, new owner of an 87 e30 coupe. 4th Bimmer, this one is my project. Looking for wheels. I'm a fan of 17's on e30's, and i've read enough that I know the recommendation is for 16's max. With that said, I found a set of 17's with a 42 offset. I'm going to lower the car 40mm front/30mm back. Will these fit? What tires?

Thanks

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    The offset is too high and would need a spacer of about 15mm or so. Depending on the width of the wheels there may not be enough room for the spacers. The tires would need to be either 205/45R17 or 215/40R17 to have a chance of working. If I can help with the tires let me know.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

My Cars
    e36 - 1998 323is
    You will need spacers, 15 mm or so, plus 17" rims hard to pull off on e30. Go with 15" or 16". Post pic of the rims you're concidering.
    1998 323is - m50 intake manifold / 328is exhaust / Shark Injector

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    We do have some 17" wheels listed on our web site for the E30. If I can help let me know.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

My Cars
    1987 BMW 325
    Here are the rims i am looking at.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XXR-530-17x8...cd119f&vxp=mtr

I think i like these best. Thoughts?

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    The size and offset is good. You want to make sure they have centering rings otherwise you could have some vibrations. If I can help with the tires let me know.