Thread: 2007 335i

My Cars
    Mazda speed 3

2007 335i

http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal...5D%5D%5B%5D%5D

I'll be buying a used 335i, I got the car for 18k on the dot. Some old lady traded it in for a Honda, interior is almost perfect, engine seems like new- no signs of oil. Engine runs smooth without any rattle. Exterior is pretty bad, has lots of scratches on the drives side.. Here is the link and Carfax history. Anyways is it a good price for 07 with 40k miles (

First BMW car

My Cars
    '11 X5 35d, '07 335i
    As far as the price, depends what you are consider good. If you say the exterior really is rough, then you are probably overpaying somewhat according to the KBB. If you look at NADA then you really are overpaying but that's probably private party values.

Being an 07 it tends to be on the more problematic side of things since its first release. Expect probable issues with HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pump), injectors, wastegate rattles, water pump/thermostat, and VCG (Valve Cover Gasket) / OFHG(Oil Filter Housing Gasket) / Oil pan gaskets down the road. The 335i in general tends to be one of the higher maintenance BMWs, so have a budget set aside for repairs. It's a great car, just be aware of what you're getting into.

On the same note, there is an extended warranty for the HPFP up to 120k and turbos up to 85k. Plugs should be changed every 25k at factory boost levels.

2014 Toyota Tundra - 2011 BMW X5 35d - 2007 BMW 335i - 2005 Yamaha R6
    2006 BMW 325xi (sold) - 2002 BMW 325i (sold) - 1994 BMW 325i (sold) - 1992 BMW 735i (sold)

My Cars
    z3
    I wouldn't say its a deal... its about what its worth or maybe priced a little high for the condition. In my area I would say its a bit on the high side even with the miles because those earlier years just didn't maintain great resale value.

$18k OTD is one thing but $18K + TTL would for me make it a bad deal
    Last edited by BimmerBreaker; 04-01-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    Mazda speed 3
    OK, awesome guys thanks! I declined the deal and in a new transaction for a 2008 135i with 30k miles for 20k