Thread: From broken pully to antifreeze leak?

My Cars
    2003 BMW 325i

From broken pully to antifreeze leak?

Hey how you doing I have a quick question. My car broke down and I realized I had a broken pully so I took it to a mechanic and the mechanic told me I also have a broken bolt and a broken bracket so I told him to fix that and after he fix it then he tells me I have a leak in my antifreeze and he has to remove everything. should I believe him on that? Or is he is trying to get me? He wants $850 for everything. I have a 2003 BMW 325I. Any advice will help.

My Cars
    1991 BMW 318is m52 2.8l
    Before he does any work check yourself if you see a leak. It should be really easy to spot, look at all you radiator hoses and around your thermostat housing on the front of the engine. Take a piece of cardboard or something and stick it under the front of your car, start it and let it idle for a couple minutes. Turn it off and look at the piece of cardboard and see if it has antifreeze all over it. Its normal for the car to drip water, and water only from underneath if the A/C is on, due to condensation. Keep an eye on coolant temp just in case its a major leak you don't want to damage anything by overheating.