Thread: VRSF Downpipe Rattle bmw e92

VRSF Downpipe Rattle bmw e92

Okay so I have installed a pair of VRSF downpipes on my e92 335i and now I have the most annoying little rattle/buzzing sound every time I turn on my car or when rpms descend.... The mechanic that installed the downpipes stated that the vrsf downpipes wasn't a good product because it was made in China and aren't made with perfect fitment and the ones I received were made bad....

Well my questions are could this be true or is there actually a way on eliminating the rattle? Im not trying to spend more money on AR downpipes just because of the fitment

Is there a solution to this rattle? Im running a jb4 tune and on map 2 but the rattle has been there before the tune

Could be that you got a crappy pipe, but chances are that the mechanic who installed them didn't do a good job to begin with and is trying to find a reason/excuse to not fix or check them out for you. I had them on my E90 and they worked great. If indeed it's the pipe, VRSF offers lifetime warranty so you have that going for you. But if he didn't clamp it correctly or forgot to screw them on properly then that's something worth checking. Did he tell you upon install that they were crappy made in China and will not fit properly and rattle? Or was this after the fact? I'm no mechanic and I installed them myself, took me a bit longer than expected and mainly because I couldn't get the main clamp to line up and yes it was a hassle but when I finally did it, damn things came out great. And with my Cobb tune they worked awesome. How long ago did he do the install? What's the warranty on service? if none, check them out yourself if possible if you're not comfortable I recommend you go to a different mechanic. Yes they are cheaper than most other DP's but I agree best bang for your buck and with the tune giving you same numbers as the rest and overly priced ones you couldn't have gone wrong. Has nothing to do that they are from China. If he doesn't do a good job on an install same thing could have happen with an ER, active autowerke, Cobb or Wagner or any other set of downpipes. Good luck with it though.

My Cars
    '11 X5 35d, '07 335i
    I would attribute this to wastegate rattle which is common. Known 100% solutions = none. There is an adjustment in JB4 to lessen the effects but aside from that it's a losing battle. There are upgraded wastegates but I'm unsure if they were able to solve the issue.

As mentioned above, installing downpipes isn't that easy and knocking a part cause of where it was made isn't a true test of quality. Not saying VRSF fit 100% of the time, but there are plenty of happy customers.

2014 Toyota Tundra - 2011 BMW X5 35d - 2007 BMW 335i - 2005 Yamaha R6
    2006 BMW 325xi (sold) - 2002 BMW 325i (sold) - 1994 BMW 325i (sold) - 1992 BMW 735i (sold)