Thread: Steering Wheel Identification?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3

Steering Wheel Identification?

Hi, Just bought this 95 M3 coupe and don't know what wheel it has in it. I have an airbag light, I am assuming that is because it is not the OEM wheel. Any insight as to what wheel this is and any other reasons why I would have the airbag light if it not because the wheel would be great!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125439...4/16709964209/

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    Looks somewhat similar to M-Tech II steering wheel. Airbag light on E36 cars is a very, very common problem. There is a myriad of reasons why it could be on. Obviously, not connecting the airbag is one of them. Others include seat belt buckle sensors and mechanism and, of course, electrical gremlins, lol
    primum non nocere

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Yea that does look a lot like it. Any way to tighten the suede up? It is lose and has a bad feeling. I know how to clean suede but not sure how to get it tighter around the wheel.

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    not sure how to get it tighter without re-wrapping the leather or re-stitching it.. Perhaps give a call to the guys who re-wrap the wheels to see if that is at all possible. GL
    primum non nocere

My Cars
    e10/e30/e36
    That is a MTech II wheel. They don't have airbags, so that would be at least one reason why the airbag light is on. They are probably the most desirable oem wheel, so the previous owner did well