Thread: NorCal SMOG Recommendation

My Cars
    98 Z3 M Roadster

NorCal SMOG Recommendation

Not sure what forum this fits under since there isn't a SMOG/CARB forum. Got a recommendation for NorCal BMW owners looking to get SMOG checked.

The Mountain View SMOG check only place on 571 W. El Camino is definitely the place to go for BMW owners.

Went in with my 98 Z3 M (with a few Dinan extras). The car is rather spirited (noisy!) due to the various mods so I was expecting a rather emotional experience trying to persuade the person smogging the car that it was in fact all legit.

When I walked in I saw the wall covered in BMW articles and pictures, the magazines were all Bavarian Autosport, the guy is a serious BMW fan he's even got a project car parked at the back of the station.

The first thing he asks is if I've taken the car out for a good spin to get it warmed up since that type of car needs to be warm to pass - Another good sign he knows his E36's obviously

Dinan mods didn't cause any issue, visual all went well (as it should, the car is CARB legal after all) and got my SMOG pass no problem.

If you're in need of a SMOG check and want someone who understands BMW's check this place out.
    Last edited by GBPaterson; 03-21-2015 at 12:35 PM.

My Cars
    05 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by GBPaterson View Post
    Not sure what forum this fits under since there isn't a SMOG/CARB forum. Got a recommendation for NorCal BMW owners looking to get SMOG checked. The Mountain View SMOG check only place on 571 W. El Camino is definitely the place to go for BMW owners. Went in with my 98 Z3 M (with a few Dinan extras). The car is rather spirited (noisy!) due to the various mods so I was expecting a rather emotional experience trying to persuade the person smogging the car that it was in fact all legit. When I walked in I saw the wall covered in BMW articles and pictures, the magazines were all Bavarian Autosport, the guy is a serious BMW fan he's even got a project car parked at the back of the station. The first thing he asks is if I've taken the car out for a good spin to get it warmed up since that type of car needs to be warm to pass - Another good sign he knows his E36's obviously Dinan mods didn't cause any issue, visual all went well (as it should, the car is CARB legal after all) and got my SMOG pass no problem. If you're in need of a SMOG check and want someone who understands BMW's check this place out.

How was he on price?
    05 330i Alpine White
    Past:
    02 330i Titanium Silver
    R56 MCS
    00 540i6

My Cars
    98 Z3 M Roadster
    $41.70 theres a coupon on his site.